Drink Package for One

Does everyone in the cabin have to buy the drink package. can only one person purchase it.

Other person does not drink.

Thanks.

No, not everyone has to purchase a drink package. One person can get a package. You can also get a drink package while someone else in your cabin can get a refreshment package which includes specialty coffees, virgin drinks, fresh orange juice.

• 3 months later...

Hi All! I went to add the drink package for just my boyfriend today on the cruise planner but it is now saying "Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package". There is no option to just add it for him, and not me. Is there a way around this? I don't drink enough to justify it. Thanks in advance.

Hi All! I went to add the drink package for just my boyfriend today on the cruise planner but it is now saying "Each adult of legal drinking age assigned to the same stateroom must purchase this package". There is no option to just add it for him, and not me. Is there a way around this? I don't drink enough to justify it. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Perhaps if you call RC customer service, they can help you order one package.

There was a recent thread about them testing an all or none policy on the drink package on a few select sailings. Sounds like you are booked on one of those.

Thanks, Bob. I'll definitely try that. Would be unfortunate if we both had to purchase it!

Are you on the Harmony of the Seas on one of these dates?

9/30/2017

10/7/2017

10/14/2017

10/21/2017

11/4/2017

11/11/2017

11/18/2017

Royal Caribbean is running a trial of requiring everyone of legal age in the cabin to buy the package. If one wants it, both must buy.

Are you booking from Australia or a country other than the US??

We are in Australia and each cruise we have been on we have had to book the drink package for all adults staying in the cabin. This has been the case since 2013 when we first started cruising with RCL.

We are in Australia and each cruise we have been on we have had to book the drink package for all adults staying in the cabin. This has been the case since 2013 when we first started cruising with RCL.

This was only the case for us on our first cruise with RCCI in 2011. All other cruises since we have been able to purchase individually if we wanted.

Just logged into my cruise planner for Radiance from Sydney in December and I can purchase for 1 person only if I want. This is booked through an Aussie TA.

I have done many cruises from Australia and this is not correct. Are you booking through a TA? Perhaps they have outdated information. The online cruise plannner absolutely does not require this, I booked deluxe for myself a few weeks ago for upcoming Ovation cruise and did not have to book one for DH.

sorry no. rules changed in early July. now everyone in the cabin must purchase it

sorry no. rules changed in early July. now everyone in the cabin must purchase it

This is not correct. They are only testing it on 8 cruises on Harmony of the Seas between September and November.

You can check the specifics out on the royal caribbean blog post about drink packages (sorry, I tried to link it but CC won't allow that).

This is not correct. They are only testing it on 8 cruises on Harmony of the Seas between September and November.

You can check the specifics out on the royal caribbean blog post about drink packages (sorry, I tried to link it but CC won't allow that).

That makes sense, I'm sailing September 30! Thanks for the info, I'll try to look up the blog post!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Forums mobile app