Does Carnival have ships like Oasis class RCL

SweetsugarNL

Carnival made that decision BEFORE the Oasis was built, and bet wrong that NO ONE would be interested in sailing something so big. There were even Carnival extremists calling the Oasis to be a failure, and that there would never be a 3rd built.

Carnival missed the mark. BIG time.

Well that certainly is one way to look at it.

Sent from my iPhone

Honestly, the more reviews I read and people I talk to that have sailed on the Oasis class ships, the less I want to try them. It just seems that you CAN get too much of a good thing and the Oasis class ships are at that point.

I won't say that I'll never give the mega ships a try, but it's definitely not a priority.

I usually get a mix of comments on all the lines, but I only know of 1 person/family that did not like Oasis/Quantum since they have launched..

Carnival made that decision BEFORE the Oasis was built, and bet wrong that NO ONE would be interested in sailing something so big. There were even Carnival extremists calling the Oasis to be a failure, and that there would never be a 3rd built.

Carnival missed the mark. BIG time.

Yes they made the decision. Obviously. That's my whole point. Predicting the Oasis would fail was wrong....obviously. There's plenty of cruisers happy sailing on the Oasis class. Royal is doing just fine from all I know. Saying Carnival missed the mark big time I completely disagree with. Carnival is doing just fine last I checked as well.

Variety is a good thing.

Maybe some cruisers would do well to just enjoy the cruise vacation experience if that's the way you want to vacation and quit trying to down and compare one against the other.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have no cruise experience.

I see the ship as a hotel / resort so it likes me awsome to get a luxerious feeling.

Thats the reason why likes me a oasis class ship amazing, the many choices of (free) food, shows and pools.

Carnival likes to pack the passengers onto the ship no matter the size. The new 180,000 ton ships will carry more passengers than the 225,000 Oasis class ships. The size difference is the equivalent of an entire Holiday class ship. Carnival leads in pack em and stack em.

Carnival likes to pack the passengers onto the ship no matter the size. The new 180,000 ton ships will carry more passengers than the 225,000 Oasis class ships. The size difference is the equivalent of an entire Holiday class ship. Carnival leads in pack em and stack em.

Exactly. Just like Vista at only 133,000 tons carries 4,000 passengers... Oasis carries 5,400 but the ship is 100,000 tons bigger. It's why Oasis class ships rarely feel busy or crowded even with a full sailing. Carnival just keeps moving forward and stacking a little more on the existing ship designs which are too small. Consider that Voyager class ships are about the same tonnage as Vista yet carry 1,000 less passengers!

Carnival's best class of ship, where Passenger Space Ratio is concerned, was the Spirit class. Since then, they've trended towards a higher density.

The spaces themselves can offset that to a certain degree.

I will say that, even with less favorable space ratios (on paper) the elevators on Carnival tend to perform better than those on the Oasis - where they seemed extra slow to come and where they frequently ended up crammed full of people. The same happened with increased frequency on the Epic as well.

Nothing about that (above) is scientific, just my observations over several cruises.

Tom

Carnival's best class of ship, where Passenger Space Ratio is concerned, was the Spirit class. Since then, they've trended towards a higher density.

The spaces themselves can offset that to a certain degree.

I will say that, even with less favorable space ratios (on paper) the elevators on Carnival tend to perform better than those on the Oasis - where they seemed extra slow to come and where they frequently ended up crammed full of people. The same happened with increased frequency on the Epic as well.

Nothing about that (above) is scientific, just my observations over several cruises.

Tom

The elevators on Oasis sucked and often took too long. I'll give you that one. :D

We just book mid-ship Deck 7 or 8 and it's a couple flights of stairs to get to most things.

The elevators on ALL the RCCL ships are horrendous.

I agree 100%. As one that HAS to use the elevators because of the whole wheelchair thing, its really frustrating on a RC ship. Ive been on three different classes and they were all bad

There has to be at least one other person.....

Oh there is, or at least there was. There was actually a whole group of Oasis haters on the RC forum called NOOTS. "Never Oasis Of The Seas" when the ship first came out. its a dwindling group though now as most have actually tried the Oasis class and decided that none of their preconceived notions were true at all.

I usually get a mix of comments on all the lines, but I only know of 1 person/family that did not like Oasis/Quantum since they have launched..

I've spoken at length with several friends who cruise regularly and have been on the Oasis or the Allure. Most (not all) say they would not sail them again. The most voiced reason is simply that they are too large and have too much going on to really see and enjoy everything. I've also spoken with other cruisers while on board who have sailed Oasis class ships and it has been a mixed bag. It seems that they either loved them or absolutely hated them.

We may yet cruise on one as we're not completely against the bigger ships, but for now we are content with smaller ones, especially with having to keep up with our 2 year old!

Oh there is, or at least there was. There was actually a whole group of Oasis haters on the RC forum called NOOTS. "Never Oasis Of The Seas" when the ship first came out. its a dwindling group though now as most have actually tried the Oasis class and decided that none of their preconceived notions were true at all.

Ouch

Sent from my iPhone