Carnival returning to Dominica next year?

shellster1

If for some reason you feel the summer of 2018 is a good time for your redo of Dominica, we're on the Jul. 22 sailing. Just FYI....LOL!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I remembered you were going in summer 2018 but just couldn't remember when and was wondering if your cruise was one of the "bonus" cruises (Dominica being the bonus). So glad it is! And redoing this...the "arm twisting" has already begun. LOL!!!

I still wish they'd do a different itinerary and alternate between the current (which we LOVE) and another with different islands out of San Juan.

• 2 months later...

Well, dang (as they say in this part of the country!).

I cancelled a San Juan cruise for November and booked one on HAL, mostly because it calls at Martinique, which I've only visited once (on the Splendor 11/1/14 repo).

I absolutely love Dominica. It's probably my favorite island (cruise #30 coming up soon). Toured with Levi (Bumpiing Tours) 3 times and Sheppee once - all excellent.

Now, if your idea of a "good" island is one with a made-for-tourists port with chain bars and restaurants and fake "island experiences," then Dominica isn't going to be your favorite.

I would go there every cruise if I could.

May they have done some work I went in 2006 and I ended up getting back on the boat because they were hounding you right as you got off ship. I am used to it and not afraid to say no but this port was a little too aggressive for me. I ended up getting back on the boat for the rest of the day. Maybe it has changed and developed and it will be a wonderful stop once again as many of you speak of.

May they have done some work I went in 2006 and I ended up getting back on the boat because they were hounding you right as you got off ship. I am used to it and not afraid to say no but this port was a little too aggressive for me. I ended up getting back on the boat for the rest of the day. Maybe it has changed and developed and it will be a wonderful stop once again as many of you speak of.

Are you sure you are not referring to the Dominican Republic? What your describing sounds very much like the D.R. Dominica is soooo laid back and maybe one of the safest islands. The food is amazing as well.