Chops

On allure now. Ate in chops back in November on grandeur. Felt food quality and service was lacking. On allure today, feel the same. Meh food and inattentive service from one rushed waiter. What exactly does the $49 pp upcharge pay for if not food quality or service? Am in a suite so should I tell genie or just shut up because this is how corporate wants it and there is no fixing what is intended? (And before haters respond, yes we didn't pay directly since in a star suite but just the same was very disappointed. ).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll tell him tomorrow. That being said, how is my experience going to get better if I complain??? To get good food and service do you really have to sail other lines? Is Royal so far gone we should just give up? Diamond after this cruise.

We are on the Oasis now, in a Star Suite too, excellent service everywhere, Coastal Kitchen, Chops, 150 Central Park. I would talk to your Genie or Chops' manager. That's the only way service will improve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On allure now. Ate in chops back in November on grandeur. Felt food quality and service was lacking. On allure today, feel the same. Meh food and inattentive service from one rushed waiter. What exactly does the $49 pp upcharge pay for if not food quality or service? Am in a suite so should I tell genie or just shut up because this is how corporate wants it and there is no fixing what is intended? (And before haters respond, yes we didn't pay directly since in a star suite but just the same was very disappointed. ).

I'm on allure right now too. Walked by Chops at around 8pm on my way to 150 CP and it looked packed inside. Now I'm a tad nervous as I've got my Chops reservation for this Friday. :confused:

On a side note, service and food was stellar at 150 CP. Place was half full and our waiter had 4 other tables but we never felt neglected.

Happy Sailing!

I'll tell him tomorrow. That being said, how is my experience going to get better if I complain??? To get good food and service do you really have to sail other lines? Is Royal so far gone we should just give up? Diamond after this cruise.

Maybe they will offer you some compensation (OBC) for a future cruise. I'd mention how expensive your suite was and your expectation of an outstanding experience.

Our experience has been that the same restaurant experience varies from ship to ship, but the experience is also subjective to the individual. If you feel the service and food quality are lacking then mention it while on board and as well in the post cruise survey. If you feel the food quality was not up to expectations, that likely won't change on your cruise, but the service aspect is something that can be addressed immediately.

IMO I would be objective and specific in my comments regarding my experience. And whether or not you are in a suite or with our without C & A status should make no difference to the attention your comments should receive or the level of experience everyone should have.

FWIW, we happen to really enjoy Chops...on both of our last two cruises (Oasis and Allure) we ended up adding a second night there on both. We aren't strangers to nice steakhouses at home, and while Chops certainly wouldn't make any list of "Top Steakhouses", it's usually an enjoyable night out when on a ship. I've learned to stick to the filet and I am always pleased. The only strange thing is that the servers have to go relatively far to get cocktails and they can take a while.

Edited by CruisinShips

Our experience has been that the same restaurant experience varies from ship to ship, but the experience is also subjective to the individual. If you feel the service and food quality are lacking then mention it while on board and as well in the post cruise survey. If you feel the food quality was not up to expectations, that likely won't change on your cruise, but the service aspect is something that can be addressed immediately.

IMO I would be objective and specific in my comments regarding my experience. And whether or not you are in a suite or with our without C & A status should make no difference to the attention your comments should receive or the level of experience everyone should have.

I am in total agreement with your post. If you do not tell the appropriate person while on board, how will they ever know that you, the paying customer, were not satisifid with your service or the quality of your food? You most likely worked hard for your money and you should get what you paid for no matter which cabin you choose or what your C&A status is.

I also expressed my disappointment in Chops on recent Brilliance cruise when I completed my post cruise survey.

Definitely let your Genie know. I know mine always circled during dinner to see how things were going (and, if not towards the end of dinner, then she caught up with me the next day to ask how dinner was). They cannot address service issues if they are not aware of them. Not sure what can be done regarding food quality - but they should be aware of that as well.

I agree, irregardless of what type of cabin and C&A status, you should still receive excellent service and food at any of the Specialty Restaurants. If you are not happy with either, speak to the restaurant manager. Before you leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should have talked to the chops manager on the spot, while you were there. That's what we did and all was taken care of.