Empress of the Seas / Havana Port Times

Our times for Havana are listed as 8:00 to 8:00. I'm looking at private tour that leaves Old Havana at 9:00 AM. Will we be able to disembark and get to Old Havana by 9:00 AM? Or do I need to plan for more time to get off the ship in Havana? Any advice would be appreciated!

Please come back and let us know how the visit goes. Pictures if possible. :D

I was very much tempted to book one of those cruises to Cuba. But I have no interest in booking Empress so if we go we will most likely take a land trip. A co-worker of mine did that recently and loved it. Cost about the same as the cruise but they spent multiple days there

Can you email them and see how close they are to the cruise port?

I'm personally going to be picked up in a square across from the port; I'm taking a private car tour at 9am, but my ship docks earlier than yours (and leaves sooner.) If your private tour is similar, they will probably pick you up there too.

I was very much tempted to book one of those cruises to Cuba. But I have no interest in booking Empress so if we go we will most likely take a land trip. A co-worker of mine did that recently and loved it. Cost about the same as the cruise but they spent multiple days there

Hey Bill. I figure you're a cruiser at heart.... look at the Oceania itineraries. :)

Alter Ego,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will email. If you don't mind my asking, who did you book your tour with? I'm still exploring my options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm using Havana Journeys based solely on TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that they had a 6 hour tour. Hardtop car.

It wasn't necessarily easy to communicate- I would get a bounce back that the email may take longer to get to them, but then got an email the next day. They also originally thought I was asking about March vs May. So, it was a bit of back and forth.

I was asked to meet them at the square in front of the cruise terminal. They sent me pretty detailed instructions on how to find them.

I will likely reconfirm in a few weeks. Otherwise, can't provide a firsthand review until May 22nd.

Enjoy your cruise and adventure and please report back. We are on October overnight sailing and have been doing a lot of research and asking many questions. Looking forward to your report when you return.

I'm using Havana Journeys based solely on TripAdvisor reviews and the fact that they had a 6 hour tour. Hardtop car.

It wasn't necessarily easy to communicate- I would get a bounce back that the email may take longer to get to them, but then got an email the next day. They also originally thought I was asking about March vs May. So, it was a bit of back and forth.

I was asked to meet them at the square in front of the cruise terminal. They sent me pretty detailed instructions on how to find them.

I will likely reconfirm in a few weeks. Otherwise, can't provide a firsthand review until May 22nd.

We are on the same cruise and also booked with Havana Jouneys! See you on the ship and probably meeting at the same statue :D

we just got back from Cuba on Monday. Where's the best place to share tons of photos? I have shared a few already on FB pages. 18157626_10212687570370189_3060475689847632653_n.jpg?oh=49de916abf763452a1f9d4782af5fa6f&oe=597F5377

Just now uploaded a few Empress 4/19 Cruise photos to Flickr......how do I share now with this forum?

Get links to the photos and paste in your posts here.

Our times for Havana are listed as 8:00 to 8:00. I'm looking at private tour that leaves Old Havana at 9:00 AM. Will we be able to disembark and get to Old Havana by 9:00 AM? Or do I need to plan for more time to get off the ship in Havana? Any advice would be appreciated!
Your question is impossible to answer. One thing we were told was that in Cuba things change all the time and things don't always go as planned. If your tour operator knows your are coming by cruise ship they should adjust if things change.

Thanks Bob! Weird, cuz I had my settings set on PUBLIC already. Ugh. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Awwww!!!! LOL

:D

I get this message:

Julie P... hasn't made any photos public yet