Norwegian Sun Panama Canal Cruise (Florida to California)

March 2018 :)

Anyone have any tips? This is our first cruise and while I have done some research, I would love some input from people who have been on this ship through the canal. Everything from food to cabins to excursions! I want to plan as much ahead so I can relax and enjoy :cool:

March 2018 :)

Anyone have any tips? This is our first cruise and while I have done some research, I would love some input from people who have been on this ship through the canal. Everything from food to cabins to excursions! I want to plan as much ahead so I can relax and enjoy :cool:

Do you already have a cabin booked and if so, what category? Sun buffet is quite small so for breakfast and lunch you can grab food there and go to Great Outdoors aft of buffet or go over to Modernos. I understand Modernos has some food offerings as well.

Great Outdoors will serve limited food on/off during the day. Great lounge all the way forward. The mini-suites - not full suites - are some of the best in the fleet.

I have attached a link to my review of our Panama Canal cruise on the Sun last October. We did the full transit as well (from Miami to San Diego). It was an incredible trip! You will love it!

My review contains many photos of the transit itself, the ship, food, and details and photos of all the excursions we did. Enjoy.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2420223

We have booked an ocean view cabin on deck 6A :) A suite would have been nice, but not in the budget this time.

6A is kind of its own little level at the front. IIRC there are ramps that lead to that area. It is very quiet in that part of the ship as far as foot traffic.

OP: Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!

Here's my detailed review, with photos, of our full transit of the Canal in January on the NCL Jewel (Miami to LA). While it won't help you with the ship, I think you'll find useful information on preparing for the Canal (read "The Path Between the Seas"), tips on Canal day, and excursions and other things to do in any overlapping ports.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2456255

The Canal is amazing. Have a great trip!!