Nieux Amsterdam Dining

Carol28

What are the times for the early and late seatings please?

Just recently on the NA- we had "late" dinner at 8pm, and I believe the early was 5:30. On the Veendam last year it was 7:45 for the "late" fixed dining which is the only time I have run into this sitting not being at 8pm

I just spoke and booked the Nieux Amstedam for next year. My TA said that Early seating is at 5:45. I wonder how to find out what is accurate.

I don't know which itinerary you may be doing on Nieuw Amsterdam next year, but if it's Alaska next summer (as Nieuw Amsterdam is doing Alaska next year), your dining times are typically 5:30pm and 7:45pm for fixed seating (Alaska cruises seem to have a slightly different seating time for main, or late, seating). There is typically also a 15-minute window for dinner arrivals, so if your dining time begins at 5:30, say, then you have until 5:45 to be seated at your table. It is a courtesy to your dining room servers and any table mates you may have to arrive within this 15-minute window. When you board the Nieuw Amsterdam, your daily program will list the dining times for fixed seating. Fixed dining seating times vary from ship to ship and itinerary to itinerary, but the variation is not much, usually 15 minutes.

If I've forgotten anything I'm sure someone else will chime in. I hope this helps you.