Reflection TA eastbound 21 April - Live!!!

UKPete71

From his answer yesterday I would say Murano. He knew why I asked. I only saw him yesterday as the meeting point for the excursion I was on was the Ensemble Lounge.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pete:

Thanks for the response. What do you mean "he knew why I asked"? I do have a reason for asking you to ask him, and would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks for the response. What do you mean "he knew why I asked"? I do have a reason for asking you to ask him, and would love to hear your thoughts.

I mentioned someone on Cruise Critic was wondering who the Maitre D' was as they were asking ahead of their June cruise.

Next time you want to try it, hang a towel or something on the balcony that can be seen from shore. Works for us.

We did think of that when we got off the ship this morning but then just decided she could go back on board first.

Plus it gave me an excuse for a "Where's Wally?" style photo. [emoji23]

Tonight in the Reflection Theatre at 7 and 9 was Sam Kane.

100a612431930f6bb55167144dbc8b37.jpg

He's an actor in the UK, and a singer. We've seen him on Eclipse a couple of times before. It's a shame we were still in port when he did the first show, which saw the theatre only half full.

The menus from the MDR for Tuesday...

a535422a4550715cc1235f96db4c6be7.jpg

61d62ac80ab7daf0d5c1d9da68ce8277.jpg

After dinner the production cast performed a short show in the Grand Foyer, Masque.

de9a7f86edafff165e59c9f00a5bbe5b.jpg

607039d96da0b8c44fd4f84b6886711a.jpg

Pete,

It's a pity you weren't in Malaga over the Easter holidays, they have a fabulous procession through the town. We were there a few years ago and it was a spectacular sight. The whole town is involved and each church parish is represented in their own traditional religious dress. Huge statues are carried through the streets on the shoulders of groups of men. I believe Malaga's procession is one of the biggest in Spain. Just thought I'd mention for those pax that may be visiting next Easter :).

I'm sure Sam Kane is Linda Lusardi's DH.

I mentioned someone on Cruise Critic was wondering who the Maitre D' was as they were asking ahead of their June cruise.

Thanks! Here's why I was asking: Leon was the MD in Luminae on RF when we were on it for a TA two years ago (when Luminae was first launched). We were hoping for a great experience and it was awful. Terrible, confused service. Clearly a shortage of staff. Long wait times for drinks, wine, bread, etc. and while all this was going on all Leon did was walk around and smile (even though he could see people's water glasses empty, no bread on peoples' tables, etc.). Our next Luminae experience was OFF THE CHARTS AMAZING. Well managed, excellent staff, outstanding food, etc. After that we had ANOTHER fantastic experience in Luminae with exceptional everything. Our conclusion was that the problem was with Leon. We are going to be on RF in June for my "big" birthday and have requested the wine cellar table in Murano. But if Leon is the MD there, we may rethink that.

Our conclusion was that the problem was with Leon. We are going to be on RF in June for my "big" birthday and have requested the wine cellar table in Murano. But if Leon is the MD there, we may rethink that.

I can't comment as I was not there. People change, so give the guy a chance. Any case, he may not even be there when you sail. They move people around regularly, so whilst he may expect to go back there he may be posted elsewhere.

I'm sure whatever happens it'll be fine and you'll have a great birthday.

Having been to Cartagena a few times before we hired a car and headed about 20km out of town to a mini golf place we know.

I have family in the area so we knew it was viable to get there, have a couple of rounds of mini golf, lunch and a beer.

b11d036689f248b38e3174a47c669fc6.jpg

As we've been a few times before my DW got a trophy made up a couple of years ago, which is presented to the winner. She's yet to receive it. [emoji23]

6274d67e019a70274ed2278a66cbf7eb.jpg

We were back on board well before time and headed for our balcony. It was the first port we've stopped at where we were facing the town, plus we could see everyone returning to the ship along the pier.

We had a couple of stragglers who missed the 'all aboard' time, although we didn't leave without them.

It was a cast production show in the theatre tonight, with the singers performing various songs from Broadway musicals.

Between the shows DJ Gio was in the Martini Bar for Mirage@Martini. A couple of the production cast dancers were behind screens so when they danced you just saw their silhouette.

4f5b17bc45528cf8f3edd9c442a633a7.jpg

ac879c3647bc3f85a92b1639f8f81487.jpg

The bartenders at the Martini bar were also showing off their skills, with drink pouring and juggling.

59150d836284ab88c93f9459b549c3d6.jpg

9b15d4d5a77860ddf75bced03cffb351.jpg

576b0645f4193f72dce4f50169971946.jpg

The menu for the MDR tonight was...

59ea2138774a5c81e74629f4cec428b0.jpg

075dcc3d612716295043c28eb2553120.jpg

Between us my DW and I had;

Bay scallop and shrimp ceviche

Wild mushroom-barley soup

Traditional coq au vin

Seafood and lobster pappardelle

Blueberry pavlova

In our opinion it was the best food we've tasted so far for dinner.

Pete:

Is there any way you can find out who will be the staff in June? There is a thread on CC that updates who the Captain will be, Cruise Director, etc. and can you either update that or just post it here? Thanks!

Having been to Cartagena a few times before we hired a car and headed about 20km out of town to a mini golf place we know.

I have family in the area so we knew it was viable to get there, have a couple of rounds of mini golf, lunch and a beer.

b11d036689f248b38e3174a47c669fc6.jpg

As we've been a few times before my DW got a trophy made up a couple of years ago, which is presented to the winner. She's yet to receive it. [emoji23]

I am not telling my DH about this mini golf place. He may try to ditch our excursion while there in two weeks, and go play golf. :rolleyes: He made a whole-in-one over the weekend! The second is his golf career.

Is there any way you can find out who will be the staff in June? There is a thread on CC that updates who the Captain will be, Cruise Director, etc. and can you either update that or just post it here? Thanks!

Crew changes can take place at any time, although as posted on this thread the Captain only came on board for this cruise and Maarten has been on for a month or so.

The current senior officers are shown on page 2. I've already posted the same on the "Who's on board..." thread as well.

Hi Pete,

Great thread, enjoying your updates. Will be onboard the Reflection in July which includes Spanish ports. Can you tell me is the additional Vat applied in Spanish waters applying to drinks packages and specialty dining packages already purchased (prior to boarding for instance) or is it only applying to ad hoc purchases?

Thanks

Great thread, enjoying your updates. Will be onboard the Reflection in July which includes Spanish ports. Can you tell me is the additional Vat applied in Spanish waters applying to drinks packages and specialty dining packages already purchased (prior to boarding for instance) or is it only applying to ad hoc purchases?

No VAT as long as you call at Gibraltar, that will make the whole cruise VAT free. (21st July cruise will have VAT added unfortunately since no EU port on the itinerary)

Can you tell me is the additional Vat applied in Spanish waters applying to drinks packages and specialty dining packages already purchased (prior to boarding for instance) or is it only applying to ad hoc purchases?

It's just for single purchases. We've the Classic Drinks Package and have not had to pay any additional tax whilst in the Spanish ports.

Thanks Pete - love all your posts! Have they had any concerts on the lawn and could you give me your review? Also, how are the Alcoves?

I've not seen any mention of the lawn being used for concerts. I can't comment about the Alcoves as they are not something we'd pay for. I couldn't even say if any of them have been used.

Pete, we are on the Reflection in August and I plan to hire a car in Cartagena so we can drive to Los Alcazares to go to the 'little wave' beach as my girls used to call it. How far is it from the port to the car hire office?

Pete, we are on the Reflection in August and I plan to hire a car in Cartagena so we can drive to Los Alcazares to go to the 'little wave' beach as my girls used to call it. How far is it from the port to the car hire office?

We picked our car up from the train station. It was €5 in a taxi from the pier, same back from the station.

You could walk it, but I'd give yourself 1/2 hour to do so.

My aunt and cousins live in Los Alcazares. [emoji41]

We picked our car up from the train station. It was €5 in a taxi from the pier, same back from the station.

You could walk it, but I'd give yourself 1/2 hour to do so.

My aunt and cousins live in Los Alcazares. [emoji41]

We have stayed quite a lot at a friend's place in Villa Martin and used to drive down to the Mar Menor. Do you know how long it would take to drive to Murcia from Cartagena?