Changes after final payment?

What changes, if any, can be made after final payment? Can you add a person into the room (assuming room accommodates additional people)? Can you still upgrade if price is right?

Yes and yes.

What changes, if any, can be made after final payment? Can you add a person into the room (assuming room accommodates additional people)? Can you still upgrade if price is right?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Even though your cabin may hold an additional person....you may not be able to add them. It's the life boat capacity that could be a problem...if your ship is maxed out.

Thank you. As of now, ship is not maxed out, many many rooms still appear available. We just don't know yet if my husband can join my daughter and I, and final payment is due next week, as 90 days closes in.

Thank you. As of now, ship is not maxed out, many many rooms still appear available. We just don't know yet if my husband can join my daughter and I, and final payment is due next week, as 90 days closes in.

It's the muster station that's important. Even if the ship is not sold out, if your muster station is full you won't be able to add another person to your cabin.

If a series of rooms are assigned a lifeboat and they have reached their passenger capacity then no additional passengers may be added to those rooms. It is best to add a person at the beginning of your booking. If there is still availability then you can add them. Call RCCL to check.

I'm absolutely no RCI expert, but I figure that RCI would be crazy to turn down any changes that would make them more money. If you were trying to make a change to reduce your amount owed I'd think that's where RCI would enforce such a "no changes" policy. lol.

RC are at the moment (it is in consideration) not allowing me to upgrade to a suite from a balcony booking after me having made the final payment for my May cruise out of Southampton. I have agreed to loose the all inclusive perk that went with my original booking and to pay the excess costs.

I suspect it may be because I am a UK resident.

BP

Well apart from the muster Station Problem that could arise, as already posted By others, RCI could decide to not sell any more 3rd persons, especially into existing cabins, as they would rather want to fill all the empty cabins. They make more Money on selling cabins than selling 3rd Person rates.

So you might still be able to book a cabin, but not a third Person into your room.

Best to add the third person now while there is room.

There are different cancellation penalties for the 3rd and 4th guests in the cabin. 3rd and 4th guests can be cancelled up until the final penalty phase (15 days ahead of the sail date) of the reservation with no charge and a complete refund of they fare (North American booking terms and conditions)

Best to add the third person now while there is room.

There are different cancellation penalties for the 3rd and 4th guests in the cabin. 3rd and 4th guests can be cancelled up until the final penalty phase (15 days ahead of the sail date) of the reservation with no charge and a complete refund of they fare (North American booking terms and conditions)

Is this somewhee in their t&c that i can quote? We are in a cabin for 4 but my brother can't make it now. We are 50 days away from sail date, When i asked before final payment, rccl rep said i would have to give up cabin (because it sleeps 4) and rebook at current ratesl. Price for 3 was way more than the reservation with 4 persons in one cabin. Thanks

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Is this somewhee in their t&c that i can quote? We are in a cabin for 4 but my brother can't make it now. We are 50 days away from sail date, When i asked before final payment, rccl rep said i would have to give up cabin (because it sleeps 4) and rebook at current ratesl. Price for 3 was way more than the reservation with 4 persons in one cabin. Thanks

Unfortunately there is nowhere on Royal's website that documents this.

What cabin are you in and the ship. Most cabins either hold 2 passengers or they hold up to 4 so I'm surprised that you were told that you had to rebook.

We opted to have "no shows" didn't want to take the chance of loosing any of our cabins...well worth the few $$.

I received this information from my travel agent when I emailed asking about it.

d43af350ec0985242c877141e4ed471c.jpg