Suggestions for Waitlisting on a Regent Cruise

mbw220

Want to sail on Regent Singapore to Cape Town Mar 13, 2018, 25 nights. The entire voyage is waitlisted. Have never waitlisted for a cruise. Does anyone have any suggestions for waitlisting? Do I stand a chance at all of getting on the ship?

Ask how many are on the waitlist ahead of you to gauge your chances. The other question is if this is a charter for some group. If it is not, honestly, you have a chance up until just days before the cruise as life happens and people will have to cancel for any number of reasons. If it is a charter, then you need to think about if you want to go on the cruise in that case or not.

Hard to imagine a charter on Regent for this type of itinerary. But a Wait List is just what it says and there is no way to predict whether you would clear...and get on the cruise. You are talking about a ship that only carries about 500 passengers all of whom are paying top dollar for an ultra luxury experience. And this is a terrific itinerary which goes to some fabulous places. You might want to contact Regent (directly or indirectly through a cruise agent) and ask them how many are on the Wait List. After looking at that itinerary I wish I was booked on that cruise :).

Hank

Your TA should be able to contact Regent to find out why everything is wait listed so far out and even a sense of how long the wait list is.

Also, someone on the Regent Cruise Line board might know more about this specific voyage so that is where on Cruise Critic I would post this.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=176

Agree with Keith. Your TA should be able to help (and really hope that you have a TA that is experienced with Regent and also gives a rebate on your cruise fare). You could also give Regent a call. We have cruised Regent for 13 years and have notice that there are usually some cancellations when the final payment becomes due.

Also suggest that you ask questions on the Regent board so experienced Regent cruisers can help. Hope that you are able to get the cruise that you want.