Crown loft suite question

I'm currently booked in a GS on Allure, but considering moving to a Crown Loft Suite if we become 3 people in the room. I've been searching reviews and comparisons and YouTube walk throughs, yet I can't get a real feel for the space. I'd think with over a hundred more square feet than a GS it would feel more spacious, but the lower level appears cramped, especially if you pull out the sofa bed. Is that the case? Is there room to move around? Also, never having been that high up, is there a lot of movement? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are addicted to the CL and have done both the L1 and L2

We travel me DH and DD.

NO NOT CROWDED.

The sleeper sofa is only open at night.

Two full bathrooms, the lofted upstairs bed makeup stand, closet space!!!!!!!!

And privacy of deck 17, love it.

Doing our 4th one this summer.

OMG

DO IT!!!!!!!

Worth every cent.

Enjoy, we do and will continue to do so.

Sue and crew

We are addicted to the CL and have done both the L1 and L2

We travel me DH and DD.

NO NOT CROWDED.

The sleeper sofa is only open at night.

Two full bathrooms, the lofted upstairs bed makeup stand, closet space!!!!!!!!

And privacy of deck 17, love it.

Doing our 4th one this summer.

OMG

DO IT!!!!!!!

Worth every cent.

Enjoy, we do and will continue to do so.

Sue and crew

Are any of the cabins better/worse than others? Looking at L1

From Oasis, but Allure should be the same.

Here is an aerial view from the second floor.

20170108013125-a279ab8b-me.jpg

This is the couch pulled out.

20170108024842-9ec1411b-me.jpg

Rest of the room shots: https://www.mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/58

Toss in the GS photos, couch was never pulled out: https://www.mjcwebdesign.com/photos/index.php?/category/57

Sent from a mobile device

With your child it's OK, with three adults I don't know about sharing one washroom. The lofts are amazing and having two stewards are great but not as spectacular as having two washrooms. We have stayed on 17 for almost all of our cruises and we personally don't find it rocky. You will find it nice to be close to the SL as well.

We always take the aft viewing cabins but if you took a port/starboard view some of the cabin more forward have smaller balconies. Check the deck plans and you will see what I mean.

Edit to add that our 9 year old has always found the out couch very comfortable.

I like the first ones in the hallway with an oceanview 1702,04,06 and corresponding ones on the other side. I have never felt much movement from those rooms. The L2's are have a little ocean view and views the sports court and flow rider if you like watching activities.

1702 has an alcove entrance. If you look it also has a smaller balcony compared to the others on the port side. I'd try to keep in the middle around 1708-1714 and the similar area on the starboard side.

Where I marked the area in red in the photo on the starboard side as there is a dishwashing station for the loft areas, but it doesn't make extra noise just a bit of extra foot traffic.

The smaller red line on the aft hallway is a crew stairway. Many of the crew that work in the SL come out of this access point and walk along the starboard side to the SL. This creates some extra foot traffic but the crew is always polite and quiet. Just a bit of FYI.

aa169f6fc417b3328b52111853ba2442.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the DH picked 1748 (L1)

He loves watching the sea and docking on the Western.

I myself like the L2 for the activity on the courts and watching people on the back of ship

You will LOVE Suite lounge, and the closeness to CK.

Enjoy we do.

I've sailed in both and would definitely say with a 3rd person the loft is the way to go-more privacy and separate bathrooms! Downstairs is not crowded at all. I did feel that upstairs was a little cramped in the vanity area but not enough to bother me. We always loved the grand suite but now that the lounge and CK are upstairs, it's just not convenient. Our next sailing is once again in the loft suite. And I agree on ocean view being a must.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had 3 adults in a Crown Loft Suite (1748) and it was fine. The person downstairs still had a full bathroom downstairs, and we had our bathroom upstairs. You won't be sorry - it's a great arrangement, and on deck 17 you are by Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge....makes for a GREAT vacation.

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm staying in an L2 (1732) in 3 weeks on the Allure and I am having difficulty figuring out the bathroom situation! This thread has confused me further. :o

Can someone describe exactly what each bathroom includes in an L2? Especially and including, is there a tub in either one?

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm staying in an L2 (1732) in 3 weeks on the Allure and I am having difficulty figuring out the bathroom situation! This thread has confused me further. :o

Can someone describe exactly what each bathroom includes in an L2? Especially and including, is there a tub in either one?

There is no tub in a crown loft suite in either bathroom. Upstairs bathroom has a large shower, big enough for two, lower shower appears to be standard cabin shower size.

We were in 1710 I believe, on the same cruise with A&L and it was fine. Not rocky what so ever and fantastic service as you could well imagine.

We just switched to 1710 yesterday from our GS, I hope it was a good choice!

We are on the Allure in 2 weeks in 1732 and this will be our second time in that room. We love the 17th floor for convenience of Coastal Kitchen and one floor to the buffet to pick up a snack if so desired. I also love watching the people and the water shows from our room. This was similar when we did The Haven, but was in an aft room. Next time we will stay in The Haven!

Upstairs bath has a large glass enclosed shower and downstairs was like a standard bathroom in cahins with the round shower enclosure.

To the op there is more than enough room downstairs for your young one. We cruised with our 11 year old and he had a blast having downstairs to himself. Also as others as said having the suite lounge steps away made it ver convenient. With the cls hallways only accessible with a seapass card, the hallways were very quiet. And the hallways are super wide compared to the standard hallways.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk