Booking a cruise while on a cruise

ddbaab53

Last Sept while on a cruise we book a 10 day cruise this Dec, We book with early saver and got $150.00 on board credit. I had the understanding that the on board credit would say with your booking if there was a price drop. I am being told that if I take advantage of the new price drop I lose the $150.00. Did I miss understand or is my PVP wrong?

In the past we have signed up for another cruise while on a cruise and received the credit. We always book Early Saver. Unfortunately, when we submitted a claim because the rate went down I was told it was now considered a new booking so lost the OBC. I didn't have the time to complain about it but over the next 6 months the rate kept going down and I ended up with $397.00 in OBC so I came out ahead.

That is a good reason to have a PVP. They can always work the magic to make things work the way that they should.

As long as your booking number doesn't change, you don't lose your OBC, except for any that is due to promotions.

I have always booked past guest and changed later to ES and never lost my OBC for booking on board.

As others have said, you should not lose that OBC for any reason.

I have lost it twice, called my PVP and he reminded me to always call him for price drops. The department that does them is not very good at keeping things straight. He fixed it for me as well.. Now I just call him with any price drops.. ( few and far between these days, guess booking a year plus out has its benefits)

They have also removed my stock holder OBC once... which has nothing to do with the fare at all.