Haven deck 15 question

kayrob

I'll be on the Breakaway deck 15 in a Haven penthouse with balcony on an upcoming cruise - specifically Room #15126. When I look at the deck plans it looks as if the rooms are on top of the fitness center. How are the haven rooms separated from the rest of the common space on deck 15? If we dine in the Haven's restaurant, do we tip the server at the end of the week or nightly? Thanks everyone.

I'll be on the Breakaway deck 15 in a Haven penthouse with balcony on an upcoming cruise - specifically Room #15126. When I look at the deck plans it looks as if the rooms are on top of the fitness center. How are the haven rooms separated from the rest of the common space on deck 15? If we dine in the Haven's restaurant, do we tip the server at the end of the week or nightly? Thanks everyone.

When is your cruise? We'll be in that room in 2 weeks on the BA. The fitness center is also on Deck 15, but not in the Haven complex (you need the Haven keycard to enter the Haven area). The fitness area is also more starboard side, because we were initially on Deck 14 and made sure we stayed port to avoid having the treadmills over us.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

There is a long hallway on 15. You won't even know the fitness center is there. If you step out of your room and take a left then quick right, there are stairs up to Haven 16 by concierge desk. You could also just walk straight towards starboard side and there is a glass door that sometimes locks, other times not, then a solid door that leads out to deck 15 by the fitness "common" area.

Thank you both for the info .... I'll be leaving this Sunday, the 30th. We were originally booked on the 14th floor also, but our upgrade bid was accepted ... we're so excited!

Cabin 15126 is Port side above Haven spa suites and below other Haven cabins, the fitness center is starboard side of the ship same deck. Deck 15 of the Haven is just a hallway with a small stairwell going to the concierge deck and main Haven area on deck 16. There is a Haven card accessed door right at your cabin leading to the main public stairwell, that may be a source of noise. Some people gong to the Haven use that door rather than the one on 16. There is also a short hallway that leads over to the fitness/spa area that gets some Haven traffic.

You may or may not have the same server in the Haven restaurant each day. We did get attached to one or two and would ask if they were available. We tipped them at breakfast at he end of the cruise, they usually make themselves available. In other areas, such as the specialty restaurants, you may want to tip at the end of the meal as you may not see that server again.

Kattus .. Just curious, did you choose this room specifically or were you upgraded through the bidding system? I submitted a bid that was accepted - I would have preferred the 16th floor to be closer to the main Haven floor, but am thankful that I'll finally be able to try the Haven.

Kattus .. Just curious, did you choose this room specifically or were you upgraded through the bidding system? I submitted a bid that was accepted - I would have preferred the 16th floor to be closer to the main Haven floor, but am thankful that I'll finally be able to try the Haven.

We should have either kept our bids or waited another week to upgrade since the Haven prices dropped dramatically...but I digress.

We initially upgraded to H9 Haven Spa bc it was the least expensive one and price dropped to an acceptable rate (basically to what we were bidding to get into Haven in the first place from our spa mini). After the H9 took another steep drop in price, called to try for OBC but our other option was to upgrade to the H5. The rep I spoke to said she had to speak to her supervisor to see if we could switch to the H5 and asked me to give her two cabin numbers for her to inquire about, which I thought was weird. 15126 looked convenient enough to get to the courtyard with a little flight of stairs and was near the main fwd staircase and elevators, which is always a plus for us. Plus the fact that Deck 16 is beneath the Haven and Vibe sundeck and we might hear scraping.

Have a wonderful cruise and take lots of pictures! It's going to be a beautiful sailaway day for you 😀

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk