Wait listed for traditional dining

We just booked on the October 29 sailing of Allure. In our 14 previous cruises we have had no problem getting the traditional dining time (8:00) in MDR. We are now on a "wait list." Has anyone had any experience with this? What are the odds that we will not get in? Having the same table mates and making friends is one of our favorite parts of cruising.

We booked Harmony at the end of March for a late September sailing with a waitlist for 8:30 Traditional dining. Our waitlist cleared last week. We booked with a travel agent. I called C+A and requested he waitlist myself.....not sure if that had any bearing on the waitist clearing.

We booked our Harmony cruise coming up May 6th a year in advance and was put on a waiting list. Maybe this is how they do it. Once we made our final payment it showed that we now have traditional seating like we requested initially.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

We received our first waitlist for traditional dining the first time we sailed on Oasis. Like you, we had booked our cruise several months ahead. Within a month or two, I checked my reservation online and sure enough, it changed to our preferred early dining time

We just booked on the October 29 sailing of Allure. In our 14 previous cruises we have had no problem getting the traditional dining time (8:00) in MDR. We are now on a "wait list." Has anyone had any experience with this? What are the odds that we will not get in? Having the same table mates and making friends is one of our favorite parts of cruising.

I was put on the wait list when I boooked my cruise back in November for this May and after about a month I got an assigned dining time.

Both Celebrity and Royal have been doing this with the waitlists for a couple of years. I have never been able to figure out why they do it. We always get our requested early dining time (6:00 PM), there must be a reason why they keep this practice up, maybe it has to do with anytime dining???

J.

I've been assigned late seating on one cruise and went to the MDR on boarding and changed it to first seating.

On another cruise I was wait listed for early seating but it was all confirmed way before we sailed

When we booked this upcoming cruise one year out from sailing, the only option on the booking was MTD.---but we listed preference as early dining (MDR).

About 5 months after booking, it listed our preference.

Safe travels.