Ultimate Dining Package!

dorts

My cruise planner is now showing a new option to book an ultimate dining package. Seems like you can eat at a specialty restaurant each night plus lunch on sea days. The cost in GBP on my upcoming 12 nighter is £236. Not sure it would be for me...I am looking forward to mixing things up between MDR, windjammer and have specialty restaurant bookings made already for throughout my cruise :)

Just saw the same offer on our upcoming Oasis cruise. $24 per day. Gives a $50 credit at a la carte restaurants. First night's reservation made automatically, others made onboard.

20% discount for Chefs Table, not valid at Hibachi.

As we usually dine in specialty restaurants I thought about this however I think I will stick with my FNDR promo and then but the 4 night package and just pay for Sabor and have 1 night at JR's or the WJ.

I wonder if the $50 credit for the a la carte restaurants is all you get for the week? That wouldn't last very long. If it is $50 every time you go to an a la carte restaurant then it would be a great deal, but seems unlikely. Hmm...

I don't see how the $50 could be the entire week, that would not seem fair if someone wanted to do Izumi several nights.

As someone that might like to go to Izumi more than once, I agree. This seems potentially appealing, but also seems like something where the implementation of it will vary between ships, and staff will be confused about what is and what is not included. It looks like there are a couple of exclusions as well - Chef's Table and Izumi Hibachi, but you can get 20% off at Chef's Table, but I guess not at Izumi Hibachi. A little confusing.

I don't see it as being a great deal. On our upcoming Rhapsody cruise it will work out at an average of £15.30 per visit. Currently Giovanni is showing as £16.40, Chops lunch £15.58 and Chops evening £28.70. To make it worthwhile you would really need to choose Chops or Izumi every night. Think I will stick with BOGO at £24.80 for the first two nights.

The price is showing as $168 per person for our seven night cruise on Explorer in September which comes out to $24 a day. It states "For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $50 food credit," but I don't see any mention of 20% off Chef's Table. Considering Giovanni's Table is already $24 a day, this doesn't seem to be too good of a deal. I guess it would only save us money if we were to eat at Chops or Izumi every night, assuming the $50 credit is per visit at Izumi, and take advantage of the lunch on sea days. If we decided to skip dinner or eat in the MDR one or two nights that would negate most of the savings.

The price is showing as $168 per person for our seven night cruise on Explorer in September which comes out to $24 a day. It states "For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $50 food credit," but I don't see any mention of 20% off Chef's Table. Considering Giovanni's Table is already $24 a day, this doesn't seem to be too good of a deal. I guess it would only save us money if we were to eat at Chops or Izumi every night, assuming the $50 credit is per visit at Izumi, and take advantage of the lunch on sea days. If we decided to skip dinner or eat in the MDR one or two nights that would negate most of the savings.

There are some people who eat in specialty restaurants every night, and this would be a good deal for them. For us, I agree with you that it's not a great deal.

For my Allure sailing in December it is $168. I think it's a good deal on the Oasis class IF you only want to eat at specialty restaurants each night. Comes to $24 per pay and with Chops steadily increasing might not be a bad idea.

For me since I'm so close to NYC (about 20 mins with an abundance of options!) specialty dining is not really as appealing to me. will be in MDR most nights.

It's 24 a day for IOTS too where your only options besides JRs are chops and Giovanni's, don't think either open for lunch.

I thought I read on another thread that RC starting to offer lunch at Chops fleetwide.

It is listed for 216 per on our 9 day Nov Navigator cruise so that would include 9 dinners and 3 lunch's , they took away the 3,4, and 5 day package , most likely will get it, only a la carte on that ship is Izumi and 50 dollar credit is better than old 30 dollar dinner credit with package ( would not be surprised to see them read 3,4, and 5 night package)

I thought about it for our upcoming Anthem cruise since there are some different specialty restaurants I'd like to try, but then I remembered we're in a suite and I really want to go to Coastal Kitchen a couple times.

The planner price in USD is $24/day. $168 on our 7 night cruise and $216 on our 9 night cruise.

I'm just happy the Refreshment package is on sale again. I had bought it on a the discount late last year, but then we changed cruise dates and the package was canceled. I've been holding out for a sale to repurchase it.

On our 9 night cruise on Grandeur, there are multi-night dining packages. Seriously looking at the 5 night package, which comes to $21/reservation. You get a $30 credit at Izumi. The package is only a losing proposition if you use it at Giovanni's for all 5.

Is anyone seeing the Ultimate dining plan along with the 3,4 or 5 night dining packages on their cruise?

On my upcoming Harmony I have the Ultimate, FNDR, 3 and 4 night packages. The 5 night one disappeared.

Sent from a mobile device