Specialty Dining Question

Nator72

We got the Specialty Dining Promotion and I'm just wondering what the kids' menu is like. We were told that our son can eat free if he orders off the kids' menu. He will be 12 years old.

Correct. Kids 12 and under can order off the kids menu. Here is a link to the kids menu from one of Gambee's reviews:

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-cruise-kids-menu/

This will be our first cruise on the Bliss. My question, if you receive comp. dining can you reserve your restaurants before boarding?

Havens guests can reserve 100 days before departure. Other guests can reserve 90 days before departure.

Strong recommendation: Exactly 90 days prior to your cruise, log on to you MyNCL account. Check the times of the shows in the theater (Jersey Boys, and the second show). Book those shows. Then make your Specialty dining reservations around the shows. The system will block 2 1/2 hours for your dinner reservation (i.e., you can't book a 6:30 dinner and a 7:30 show,,,, there needs to be a gap of 2 1/2 hours regardless of how fast you think you can eat).

If you want prime time dining, do this exactly 90 days before your cruise.

Cagney's steak house and Teppanyaki are the most popular restaurants and the prime time dining (5:30-8:00) will sell out quickly.

Enjoy the Bliss!

You gotta love Gambee's review.

Is that the same menu for all restaurants or just the main dining rooms. I was looking for restaurants like Bayamo, Moderno, etc.

There is only one kids menu on the ship, that one will be in the specialty restaurants.

We got the Specialty Dining Promotion and I'm just wondering what the kids' menu is like. We were told that our son can eat free if he orders off the kids' menu. He will be 12 years old.

You might just want to buy your son his own speciality dining package and let him order what he wants (or have him order a la carte). I can't imagine any 12 year old happy eating off the kids' menu for multiple nights.