Cruises in Asia/Australia in 2018?

mugtech

The only cruises I can see for 2018 are the Jewel down under and then heading north, ending in Japan on 4/1/18. Does anyone have any information on any cruises after that one? At that time I would be interested in taking the Jewel back to North America if that is the plan. I hope the only Asia cruises aren't going to be Joy, plus one would think another ship will be back to Australia by January 2019. Any news on the Jewel post 4/1/18 or any other Pacific cruises would be appreciated.

I also asked this question a few weeks ago because the southeast asia cruises were on the pamphlet that I received from the Cruise Next dept. but not on NCL's website. Someone from Australia answered that he thinks all these cruises in 2/18 & 3/18 are sold out.

I also asked this question a few weeks ago because the southeast asia cruises were on the pamphlet that I received from the Cruise Next dept. but not on NCL's website. Someone from Australia answered that he thinks all these cruises in 2/18 & 3/18 are sold out.

The only way you will probably get on to those cruises would be if you found a TA with cabins or if some are returned to NCL close to Final Payment or possibly if there are cancellations. If you are interested get a PCC with NCL and get on a wait list.

The question is, where is the Jewel headed from Japan on 4/1/18? In addition there is nothing listed for Asia or Australia after 4/1/18. Are any ships going to be in Asia other than Joy, and which ship is returning to Australia when?

The question is, where is the Jewel headed from Japan on 4/1/18? In addition there is nothing listed for Asia or Australia after 4/1/18. Are any ships going to be in Asia other than Joy, and which ship is returning to Australia when?

I would say it is unlikely for there to be an NCL ship in Australia/New Zealand waters before the summer of 2018 (November?) when the Jewel leaves in February. If one is to be based here year round it will be a massive change in NCL's treatment of this area.

Mike

I would say it is unlikely for there to be an NCL ship in Australia/New Zealand waters before the summer of 2018 (November?) when the Jewel leaves in February. If one is to be based here year round it will be a massive change in NCL's treatment of this area.

Mike

I'm thinking about the same time, but most all other cruises are available into spring of 2019, wonder what is taking so long. We would love to get on the Jewel 11 months from now headed back to North America from Japan. Hard to believe nothing is scheduled yet

You and I are on the same page. I've been waiting to see if HAL was going to repeat its Colors of Brazil itinerary (similar to the ones NCL just had a fire sale on this past winter) in 2019. They aren't. (I guess Brazil just isn't popular for cruising.) So, I moved my March 2018 Australia cruise on Princess to February 2019. Before I did, I looked to see if NCL had anything going, and as you note, they do not.

It's a mystery. NCL formerly had their itineraries posted before anyone else. Now Celebrity and Princess do.

In relation to Australia and New Zealand you must remember the following:-

The 2016-17 cruises were a bit of a shambles due to the problems with the Star Azipods. The Star travelled to and from the area via Dubai, a first.

The 2017-18 cruises have not started yet. The Jewel travelled to the area from North America and from the area to South East Asia, also a first.

NCL's bean counters will be watching carefully the cost benefits of both cruises

I emailed NCL about Australian itineraries for 18/19 year and they've replied back saying they wont be releasing the dates until September or October this year:o I guess they are waiting to see how the 17/18 season turns out...NCL are booked in at the Sydney terminal from 8th October next year though. Doesn't really help me when I want to book something now for next year.. I really like their itineraries but not sure if I want to wait until October to book something...Celebrity's dates have been out for months.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got an update on the Jewel, doing a 15 day on 4/1/18 around Japan ending in Shanghai and then 12 days back to Tokyo. Very expensive and no perks. Still waiting to see where Jewel goes out of Tokyo on 4/28/18. There are already 3 NCL ships doing Alaska that spring/summer, so the destination of the Jewel is still a mystery. Drydocked in 2014, so that does not seem likely.