Kristiansand help

Can anyone share their experiences with Kristiansand? We are active 50s. Like outdoor things. Not interested in shopping.

I looked at ferry to Lillisand but it doesn't look like the times align with the Jade.

Really struggling with this port and Haugesund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not that far a walk into the city ( even if they offer a little and quite quaint shuttle train to the city centre) and it's really nice to stroll through the city and along the shore. If I remember correctly there is an organ concert ( for free) every day at the cathedral. There was a local market near the cathedral .

It's not that far a walk into the city ( even if they offer a little and quite quaint shuttle train to the city centre) and it's really nice to stroll through the city and along the shore. If I remember correctly there is an organ concert ( for free) every day at the cathedral. There was a local market near the cathedral .

I concur. It's a cute little place--the gardens are beautiful and plentiful. The houses in the older part of town are all white and it's an interesting area (it's north of the downtown area).

We had a lovely day in Kristiansand. Just Across the bridge from where the ship docks there is a lovely little island of Oderroya, great for walking and hiking and many old World War II bunkers and remnants that we found very interesting.

We then walked into town and around a bit. Very cute, but Norway is frightfully expensive!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another vote for Oderroya peninsula. Last September, we walked up from the ship, bringing a lunch of packaged cereal bars and water with us, as there were few facilities at the place. (We supplemented our lunch with wild blackberries and blueberries growing along the trail). Exploring all those old armaments and bunkers was fascinating and the view from the top, absolutely gorgeous.

If you have time, walk through town down Kirkegata to the end of town. It's about a 20 minute walk. There you can go hiking in Baneheia Forrest a large recreational area with walking paths in a green wilderness. Check it out on Google maps.