RCCL website

Does anyone understand why RCCL does not support Google Chrome? I had a problem trying to search for a cruise and the site would just hang up. A quick call to RCCL and they told me to use Internet Explorer. They said they do not support Chrome, and I needed to use IE.

Due to many factors (speed being one) I DESPISE IE. A survey in 2016 found 43% of users use IE, and 39% use Chrome.

Seems like RCCL needs to improve.

Does anyone understand why RCCL does not support Google Chrome? I had a problem trying to search for a cruise and the site would just hang up. A quick call to RCCL and they told me to use Internet Explorer. They said they do not support Chrome, and I needed to use IE.

Due to many factors (speed being one) I DESPISE IE. A survey in 2016 found 43% of users use IE, and 39% use Chrome.

Seems like RCCL needs to improve.

Chrome has it's share of issues, but I'm with you, never use IE. When it happens just open a new incognito or private window. I haven't been able to track down the exact cause yet, but it has something to do with the way chrome handles caching data. Incognito windows have no cache when opened, so it clears up the problem. It's gotten to the point with me that I do all my RCCL website tasks in Incognito mode. Royal should really get somebody on it and figure out what's wrong (there's always a way to fix these kinds of problems) but incognito mode works for the time being.

Funny because I have the exact opposite experience. If I use internet explorer, everything freezes up but it works fine on Chrome. Once again proving that the people on the phones do not have correct answers for much of anything. :')

Funny because I have the exact opposite experience. If I use internet explorer, everything freezes up but it works fine on Chrome. Once again proving that the people on the phones do not have correct answers for much of anything. :')

Ditto...and as the OP pointed out, between the two RCCL supports the most popular. :halo:

I don't think RCI's web site works on any browser.

I've had good luck with Firefox once I get to the SSL part of the website, like mock bookings, Cruise Planner, etc. I have very bad luck with the non-SSL part, such as deck plans.

I've had good luck with Firefox once I get to the SSL part of the website, like mock bookings, Cruise Planner, etc. I have very bad luck with the non-SSL part, such as deck plans.

It's certainly not the website that a company the size of RCI who gets a lot of online bookings should be using.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

I just sent an email complaint to RCI. I always use IE to view cruises and make plans, hardly any problems. Lately I just cannot get the site to do anything. Royal needs to fix their website fast. If a loyal cruiser like me gets PO'd then wonder what the newbies think!

Current statistics indicate that Chrome is now the leading browser, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_web_browsers.

Curiously, the vast majority of those who develop web sites use Chrome, https://www.w3schools.com/Browsers/default.asp. I say curiously as one might think that RCI developers might be included in that group.

My experience with the royal web site suggests that no browser works well.

Folks complain about websites not working on every forum I read, not just those related to cruise lines (including Carnival, Princess and Holland America), but also including practically every website you can imagine. And in every case there are people who respond that the website works fine for them. For the record, I have had problems with Holland America's website not taking my spouse's frequent cruiser number, but no other problems on that website and no problems booking cruises recently on Royal Caribbean's and on Carnival's websites, in all cases, using Chrome.

From the UK i only use Firefox on my laptop and android phone and never have a problem accessing RC website.

44 cruises and counting.

It's a hassle, I find myself using ex ....ped....IA website to look up pricing and cabin availability and go incognito when need to purchase something from rccl cruise planner.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I haven't been able to access any cruise info thru I.E. this last week. I can get in site and access reservations, but nothing beyond that. Goes to message that site is not viable????

I'd try the usual: clear cache, clear cookies, private browsing mode.

Chrome has it's share of issues, but I'm with you, never use IE. When it happens just open a new incognito or private window. I haven't been able to track down the exact cause yet, but it has something to do with the way chrome handles caching data. Incognito windows have no cache when opened, so it clears up the problem. It's gotten to the point with me that I do all my RCCL website tasks in Incognito mode. Royal should really get somebody on it and figure out what's wrong (there's always a way to fix these kinds of problems) but incognito mode works for the time being.

I learned to use the incognito window also ~ lol, I thought they just didn't like me anymore!

I just sent an email complaint to RCI. I always use IE to view cruises and make plans, hardly any problems. Lately I just cannot get the site to do anything. Royal needs to fix their website fast. If a loyal cruiser like me gets PO'd then wonder what the newbies think!

We have had a duzzy of a time on the website when we have never before really. We even went so far as to change our passwords and all because it would not even recognize us! We have been sailing with Royal for eons! Just the thought of not being able to do what we need to is daunting to say the least. They MUST fix the site to make it user friendly or lose loyalty. :(

I don't think RCI's web site works on any browser.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i just found out there's something called comodo dragon browser. maybe we need to try that

that being said, i use chrome always for RCI and never have issues other than normal site issues like clicking on a sailing and it saying that is not available. which is stupid because i'm looking at the sailing!

I learned to use the incognito window also ~ lol, I thought they just didn't like me anymore!

Thank you for the information. I have been having issues for some time and tried the incognito window and presto!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

All the browsers work fine. (full disclosure, I haven't tried safari for a while) I suspect what they are really saying is their tech support is only trained to support IE. The others don't have support, and frankly, that's no big deal.

Like others, I too can only do mock bookings using incognito mode in Chrome. However, I have to use my husband's C&A number in the search. If I use mine, I get the dreaded spinning circle even in incognito mode.

Chrome works sometimes for me IE - just gives error message. Phone RCI - told haven't heard of people having problems!!!

I'm on a MAC and can't get any browser to work, Safari, Chrome, Chrome Incognito Mode or Firefox. I was able to log in a few days ago just fine, this morning I can get as far as choosing the category and then when I try to pick a deck, I get nothing. Called Royal and was told this was the first they have heard of it and to try IE..well that's isn't happening. Guess I'll keep checking. This happened once before, last year sometime and it was a few days before I was able to see any available cabins. Frustrating!! :)

Edited to Add: I tried browsing from my iPhone on Safari and Chrome, same results...can get as far as picking deck and then blank page. :(

Edited by Monarch Maniac
More information