Playing the can I get it cheaper game...

BubbaLuvin

The fishy site you are referring to seems to have broken with Celebrity on 5/1. It missed a $800 price drop on me. I'm glad I keep checking myself. It appears that Celebrity changed something and my 9/15/2017 cruise has 3 links on the page. My paid monitoring is on a link which is no longer being updated! I posted to get them to fix it or at least give me my credit back.

Anyone want to take bets that the price drop check site can't handle the new version of Celebrity's website?

The fishy site you are referring to seems to have broken with Celebrity on 5/1. It missed a $800 price drop on me. I'm glad I keep checking myself. It appears that Celebrity changed something and my 9/15/2017 cruise has 3 links on the page. My paid monitoring is on a link which is no longer being updated! I posted to get them to fix it or at least give me my credit back.

Good to know -

I have three cruises being monitored, and it seems to be reflecting the correct prices as of today, but have not received any e-mails.

I will keep an eye on it.

FWIW - It is not surprising the X site is a mess!

If you are just checking Celebrity's site, that' s one thing, but if you are calling various TA sites, speaking to a representative who thinks you are seriously considering booking with them, only to get a better price over and over again, I hope you understand the amount of time you are taking with someone who is trying to get a booking you have no intention of giving them...and you are only trying to get a better offer to hold over the head of the TA who you have already booked with. If that's the case, I think that's wrong to waste the time of other TA's trying to get your business.

Even though you regretted it immediately after sending, other than the $10 amount, you risked a good relationship with the TA long term. They actually have a range of OBC or perks they can offer a client.

Obviously the more they give, the less they get. I've actually had a TA raise the initial OBC offered by $150 to book a cruise during a telephone call when I mentioned to her that her company missed out to another TA on a cruise I had coming up because they offered more perks.

If you're a regular customer with more expensive cruises, then they want to keep you. If you put them in a commodity type category, then you may never get that extra bonus. Sometimes clients get fired because the amount of work they generate is not worth the revenue the TA receives.

I'm wondering if that $10 email, even though you apologized, will cost you more in the long run because she mentally placed you in a particular customer category. I agree with the poster who indicated that perhaps a nice gesture on your part may go a long way to reversing the mental cubbie hole they may have placed you in after receiving the $10 email.

I fully support your first request for refaring, but the second one was petty. Your TA's reaction is quite understandable.
I agree, but at the second request, if I were the TA, I would have fired the customer...too much trouble for what it is worth.

I agree, but at the second request, if I were the TA, I would have fired the customer...too much trouble for what it is worth.

She certainly tried! But I was like, oh no... I am so sorry I don't wish to leave you.

That being said, if I finder it cheaper I will certainly book with someone else. I'm not talking just for $9.72, of course. But for hundreds... I'll certainly leave. For hundreds more, like that $600 decrease, I might hesitate to ask because she seems to be annoyed. I might just book with someone else instead of giving her the opportunity of adjusting it.

She certainly tried! But I was like, oh no... I am so sorry I don't wish to leave you.

That being said, if I finder it cheaper I will certainly book with someone else. I'm not talking just for $9.72, of course. But for hundreds... I'll certainly leave. For hundreds more, like that $600 decrease, I might hesitate to ask because she seems to be annoyed. I might just book with someone else instead of giving her the opportunity of adjusting it.

For hundreds of dollars, I wouldn't have an issue calling my TA and if she didn't match it, I would cancel and book with another, but for $10, it probably costs the TA more to do the calling and paperwork. But, I'm sure there are folks out there that would call for a buck or two.

I agree with all of what you said. I no doubt I have been put on that certain type of customer list.

Fortunately, the relationship can probably be mended over time if you really like the TA. This blip can be reversed. It's just dependent on how you treat the TA going forward. I doubt the TA would mind a large rate decrease. However since you've gone back to school, this could be considered a valuable lesson for your future cruising. clear.png?emoji-smile-1742