One-night cruises

jdvmd

I am Elite. I enjoyed every cruise getting to Elite. Taking a 1 night cruise

can not be any fun. If you want to be Elite at least have fun getting there. The most important and enjoyable part of the journey to Elite is the Cruising. It is a fantastic journey. The benefits of being Elite are nice too.

I am Elite also. I live near Boston (4 miles away) If I could go on a cruise for one day on the weekend I would probably go on 5 or 6 during the summer. I can't see how it wouldn't be fun. Your right I also enjoyed every cruise getting to Elite.

Tony

Oh, it's dreadful. Splashing in the pool and jacuzzi for an afternoon, after a delicious lunch, then dinner and conversation with my friends, washed down with a few beverages. I *HATE* it. So. Much.

I hate it when the dining room hostess remembers me from my last cruise and says I've lost weight. I hate it when the bartender at Vines remembers I like Chamisal Chardonnay. And I REALLY HATE it when people from Santa Clarita stop by to chat.

These one-nights are just awful and I'm not taking another one. For 13 more days anyway. With a three-night between then and now. Because I hate them SO MUCH.

I'm with you Vibe Guy. I hate having to take these one night cruises two to three times a year. Packing takes forever. Have to pick what ONE shirt you need to pack along with your swimming suit. I would recommend to everyone NEVER book one of these cruises. Let the prices drop so low...

I am soooooooooooo jealous of you folks who live in a cruise port and can cruise all the time. On the other hand... You have to live in a city and I don't like cities so I guess I will just suffer along with fewer cruises. I wonder how the folks who live in the middle of the country feel about it. The can never cruise without paying for flights. GAH!!!

(Of course I have recently been wondering how much it's going to cost me when I finally decide to fly to Sydney or South Hampton and then back again... :eek:)

I am soooooooooooo jealous of you folks who live in a cruise port and can cruise all the time. On the other hand... You have to live in a city and I don't like cities so I guess I will just suffer along with fewer cruises. I wonder how the folks who live in the middle of the country feel about it. The can never cruise without paying for flights. GAH!!!

(Of course I have recently been wondering how much it's going to cost me when I finally decide to fly to Sydney or South Hampton and then back again... :eek:)

We live near San Francisco, so can get the short cruises sometimes. That said, there is no way we can (due to the PSA ) ever do a cruise less than 7 days without flying. The only way I can get my husband to do a 1 day is to do it in conjunction with a 2 or 3 day right afterwards. And if I promise to carry my own luggage.

The only way I can get my husband to do a 1 day is to do it in conjunction with a 2 or 3 day right afterwards. And if I promise to carry my own luggage.

My DH played that card this time. I'm sure he'll enjoy a couple of nights off.

We live near San Francisco, so can get the short cruises sometimes. That said, there is no way we can (due to the PSA ) ever do a cruise less than 7 days without flying. The only way I can get my husband to do a 1 day is to do it in conjunction with a 2 or 3 day right afterwards. And if I promise to carry my own luggage.

I know how you feel. SF is a 3 hour drive for us so "right next door" but the shortie cruises are all out of LA or Seattle. It's just not worth it if one has to fly. Wah, wah, wah... Oh, wait. I think I already did that post. :p I am just so very grateful that we are able to cruise at all. I never thought cruising would be something in our lives. Not only did I think we could never afford to cruise I was so very surprised when my wife finally got me to do "one" cruise (just to make her happy) and then I found I loved it. Life can be so unpredictable.