britannia formal night

Hugowooly

I don't think the theatre is included otherwise where would those who choose to dine in the buffet go? (I can't find confirmation one way or the other but I've seen smart casual in there on formal) Also on Britannia the Limelight is evening casual but there is a cover charge. This may help https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/enforced_dresscode

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can use the theatre on a Formal Night even if you don´t observe the Formal Dress code but why would you want to. The vast majority observe the code so you would surely feel a bit out of place. You can use the Live Lounge and Brodies. Why not just go with it though and get dressed up_

When we have been on Britannia there was quiet a few in the theatre not in formal clothes on formal nights obviously those that have used the buffet and then gone straight to the theatre. I must admit it spoils the atmosphere sitting in a dinner suit next to a bloke in t shirt and jeans but there are no rules to say he cannot do it and P&O allow it.

When we have been on Britannia there was quiet a few in the theatre not in formal clothes on formal nights obviously those that have used the buffet and then gone straight to the theatre. I must admit it spoils the atmosphere sitting in a dinner suit next to a bloke in t shirt and jeans but there are no rules to say he cannot do it and P&O allow it.

Yes we had the same on Azura! Luckily we had seen many others dressed up around the ship or I would have worried I was overdressed!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

over 90% of P&O cruisers wear evening dress on formal nights if you dont dress up you will feel out of place

and will get odd looks from those that have made the effort.

I have not been on Britannia ships however my traveling companion often skips formal nights and has attended theatres in shorts with no issue on a number of ships. He simply ignores the formal dress and continues to enjoy his holiday. You may find a few funny looks from the money class and wannabe/pretend money class on board but other than that no issue.

There are all sorts of ways in which passengers can ignore the conventions/rules, and ignore the impact they have on the overall ambience - and therefore on their fellow passengers - and just do what they want. This selfishness can manifest itself from embarkation right through to disembarkation, and cover most things in between. If people want to take the attitude "it's my holiday, I'll do what I want" without considering others, there's little that can be done about it - other than what I do, which is choose a line where such behaviour is minimised.

I have not been on Britannia ships however my traveling companion often skips formal nights and has attended theatres in shorts with no issue on a number of ships. He simply ignores the formal dress and continues to enjoy his holiday. You may find a few funny looks from the money class and wannabe/pretend money class on board but other than that no issue.

There is no need for that comment. Most people on here are helpful and friendly towards other cruisers and we rarely get trolls. They do not see themselves as the "money-class or wannabe / pretend money class" just because they cruise with P&O and appreciate the dress code. The fact is the P&O dress code says no shorts to be worn anywhere on the ship after 6:00 p.m. and if someone flouts that, then THEY are in the wrong not the decent people who follow the rules.

To the OP, a very high proportion of people on P&O stick to the dress code. If you don't want to dress formally, then this is the minimum expectation for the evenings, (taken from the P&O website):

Stylish resort or leisurewear is ideal for Evening Casual nights, for example casual separates or dresses for ladies and open-neck polo shirts and casual long trousers (not shorts or 3/4 length trousers) for men. A jacket and smart trousers can be worn but are not compulsory. Smart dark denim is also fine, but not trainers, football shirts or tracksuits.

Sorry but you will not be allowed in the theatre on a formal night if you are not dressed up as far as I know.

We always go back and change into casual attire before going to the shows - no problem!!