Room Self Service

smj777

With a sandwich at £4.75, afternoon tea at £3, two cookies for £1 or a jam donut for £1 I can see this becoming the popular option for quite a few people. Just more work for the poor cabin stewards :o

With a sandwich at £4.75, afternoon tea at £3, two cookies for £1 or a jam donut for £1 I can see this becoming the popular option for quite a few people. Just more work for the poor cabin stewards :o

I agree, not the best for the stewards or food hygiene, potential scalding risk, trip hassards in the corridor (trays left out there) , liquid spills in the lifts or floors etc. I would not be surprised if they stop passengers doing this just around the time that the room service charges are introduced.

I could justify it easily on a H&S risk assesment so P&O could do the same.

If you wanted to eat in your cabin, but didn't want room service, can you just go and get a tray full of food from the buffet and take it back to your cabin to eat?

We have taken cookies and drinks back to the cabin to eat on the balcony but anything hot we would either sit in the buffet restaurant or outside as the food soon gets cold.

I often get a sandwich and scone or cake from the buffet and take it down to the cabin where I make tea and have it on the balcony, but I only carry a small plate from buffet to cabin with me, and a paper napkin.