Is bringing 1 child and 2 of her friends possible in 2 rooms?

I was planning a cruise for myself, my college age daughter and her 2 friends who will be 20 years old. I would prefer 2 rooms since having 4 in that close of quarters would not be ideal. The policy below states that you can book a room adjacent with minors, but does anyone have experience with this scenario since her two friends are not my own. (I would have letters stating I can be in charge of them) The policy below implies they must be your own children to have them adjacent.

I seem to recall a post a few years ago about a mother doing this and was denied boarding, but I do not recall the particulars and cannot find it.

Royal Caribbean International: All infants must be at least 6 months old at time of boarding except for Transatlantic, Transpacific, Hawaii, selected South American cruises/cruisetours, and other selected cruises/cruisetours at Royal Caribbean's discretion. These have a 12 month minimum boarding age. "Denial of boarding for infants who do not satisfy these minimum age requirements may also result in the denial of boarding for one or more guests sailing with that infant" without refund or other compensation. All guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a passenger of at least 21 or older in the same stateroom. This age requirement is waived for minor children sailing with their parents or guardians in adjacent staterooms or married couples less than 21 years of age with proof of marriage required.

I don't see any problem taking two friends. To all intents and purposes you will be their "guardian".

But the rule states, the age requirement is only waived for minor children travelling with parent s or Guardians. At the age of 20 I don´t think they are considered minor children.

So true! I am heading out in Oasisand will do a next cruise and I will make sure the consultant writes it on my paperwork.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I remember that thread too, but it was not the mother traveling, it was the grandmother, granddaughter and two friends that was the issue if I am remembering correctly.

I have a lot of experience with this rule. You can book your own children into their own room as long as it is directly across from, or directly next to, your room. If the children aren't yours, then the ratio of your children to not-your-children cannot exceed 1:1 in their room. So, your one child and two friends would not work.

You can book one of the friends into the cabin with you,and then your child and one friend into the other room. Once onboard, they can switch, however you need to make sure that the children's room has a third bed

Following as we will be sailing next year with 2 friends along, all minors. We are booking 3 cabins and planned to use my MIL as the third adult. Sounds like the friends will technically need to be booked in rooms with us?? So what is the safest combination? Crew will be me, hubby, MIL, daughter 18, daughter friend 17, son 16 son friend 15, son 1. We will sleep in cabins, 4, 2, 2.

Following as we will be sailing next year with 2 friends along, all minors. We are booking 3 cabins and planned to use my MIL as the third adult. Sounds like the friends will technically need to be booked in rooms with us?? So what is the safest combination? Crew will be me, hubby, MIL, daughter 18, daughter friend 17, son 16 son friend 15, son 1. We will sleep in cabins, 4, 2, 2.

I'd put the two friends in the stateroom for 4 with an adult. Daughter and older son can go in their own stateroom.

Who will be in the quad cabin? You can book your daughter, your son, and their friends into their own cabin (as long as it is directly across from, or directly next to, your cabin) because the ratio of your kids to not-your-kids is 1:1