Suite Perks on Empress of the Seas

Considering an OS on the Empress. Is there a concierge lounge for suites? Special breakfast area? Thanks for any info!

No Concierge Lounge. However you would get room service from the MDR menu.

Thank you for posting this question, we are also interested.

Have already booked an OS for our Cuba overnight sailing. While the perks don't matter all that much - we just like the space and privacy of a suite - we do wonder if there might be an ability to get a reservation at Chops, which appears to be sold out for most of the dates/times we'd prefer. No big deal if not, just curious.

We did read that suite pax are offered a breakfast in the specialty restaurant, Chops. Could someone confirm that?

We also read that, in lieu of a Concierge Lounge, suite pax on Empress receive credit for 3 drinks per day. However, we saw a different post that implied that suite pax are invited to reception for frequent RCCL cruisers. Is that true, and if so is it just a one-day think or is it offered each day? Knowing the answers to these questions would help us decide whether or not to pre-purchase a couple of bottles of wine to enjoy on our balcony during the trip.

We're first timers on Royal, so appreciate all of the inside info that we can get.

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for posting this question, we are also interested.

Have already booked an OS for our Cuba overnight sailing. While the perks don't matter all that much - we just like the space and privacy of a suite - we do wonder if there might be an ability to get a reservation at Chops, which appears to be sold out for most of the dates/times we'd prefer. No big deal if not, just curious.

We did read that suite pax are offered a breakfast in the specialty restaurant, Chops. Could someone confirm that?

We also read that, in lieu of a Concierge Lounge, suite pax on Empress receive credit for 3 drinks per day. However, we saw a different post that implied that suite pax are invited to reception for frequent RCCL cruisers. Is that true, and if so is it just a one-day think or is it offered each day? Knowing the answers to these questions would help us decide whether or not to pre-purchase a couple of bottles of wine to enjoy on our balcony during the trip.

We're first timers on Royal, so appreciate all of the inside info that we can get.

Thanks in advance!

Yes Empress offers a breakfast in Chops for Suites and Diamond Plus

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Unless something has changed recently, there is a 45 minute sail away event on day one for loyalty members and suites. There may be a 30 minute top tier event for loyalty members and suites another day. That might just be for 7 day cruises. There may be an area in boleros for suites passengers and pinnacles for nightly drinks. I'm not either one, but I did read that early on.

With the small number of suites on the ship, I would think the chop staff would accommodate your reservation requests. Even if the restaurant is sold out online, I think they actually have open reservations for booking on board. Just try to reserve as soon as you get on the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all... we too like the space and privacy. I'm not too concerned about the perks but since we're paying the higher prices, would like to know what was included to make sure we take advantage of any available perks. Had a suite on Freedom of the Seas and the concierge lounge was great.

I just got off the Empress this morning and all I can say is if you're in a JS, you're really not. The rooms are the exact same size a a regular balcony room but double the price. We had 3 drawers, yes 3, in the whole suite. The shower was a joke. It was a 2 ft X 2 ft. X2 ft. triangle of a shower with a curtain. Cuba was excellent but not our room.

I just got off the Empress this morning and all I can say is if you're in a JS, you're really not. The rooms are the exact same size a a regular balcony room but double the price. We had 3 drawers, yes 3, in the whole suite. The shower was a joke. It was a 2 ft X 2 ft. X2 ft. triangle of a shower with a curtain. Cuba was excellent but not our room.

Hi Surf, thanks for the info - would love to hear your feedback on Cuba, so please do keep me posted if you write a review on the RCCL board or on the Cuba board.

I'm sorry to hear about your room. Hopefully, it didn't have a major impact on your ability to enjoy the trip. It is disappointing when we have certain expectations and the experience falls short - especially when on a long-awaited vacation.

We're in an OS and I know it will be smaller than what we've experienced on other ships, but assume it will have at least some space to enjoy.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Didn't you know that going in? We have a JS on Empress and I know the exact size of room and balcony from the website. No surprises for me.

Did you get any perks, like breakfast in Chops?

We also got off the Empress this morning. We had 3 drawers as well, same shower, etc. except we had an inside. Sounds like more similarities than differences!

JS on Empress are tiny and the worst. We had one and hated it.

Didn't you know that going in? We have a JS on Empress and I know the exact size of room and balcony from the website. No surprises for me.

No perks for JS another reason why it's terrible. They really should do something about that.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Just came off the seven night Cuba sailing. Chops breakfast was offered to suites, pinnacles and upper end D+ only for those with over 340 points. ( not all d+). It may vary from sailing to sailing. Menu was basically the same as dining room breakfast menu.

There was no suite, concierge or diamond lounge. There was a nice "sail away" party for suite, pinnacle and upper end D+(those over 340 points). I used quotes because our event was in the early evening and sail away was about 9pm.

We loved the trip. Most on the ship were there just for Cuba. The dock area is so small, no other ship could likely fit. We knew the ship was old and small but thought the staff/food/entertainment made up for it. The ship has lots of open spaces with lots of glass. The cabins are sparse but the lack of extra furniture, like a coffee table, made it easier to maneuver. We had a standard OV and had 3 small drawers at the desk, and 3 small drawers under the tv. Closet space was plentiful. No problem getting a deck chair. Getting one in shade was difficult.

Sorry OP, I was not in a full suite so can't answer all your questions.

Enjoy

M

I didn't really know as we got upgraded a few days before and was so busy getting ready, I never really paid attention. We did Chop's every night. We did Chop's for breakfast 2 mornings; good at best.

Like what? Would call it a regular balcony make you feel better?

Well since there is only 2 or 4 (cant remember and don't care enough about empress to look) full suites, they could make Empress the only ship that includes JS as full suite perks.

Or at the very least 3 drink vouchers. Something to make it different. If not just call it a Balcony.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app