Jade Balconies 9014 and 9516

BlueJai

I am trying to confirm for sure that these balconies on the Jade are not Hull balconies. My PCC says they are not but I can't make sense of the pictures of the outside of the ship to the plans.

Are there perhaps side hull balconies for the suites up front? The plans show 4 hull balconies but the pictures show 6.

Can anyone shed light on this for me? Thanks very much!

Jai

9516 would be 8th balcony back, 9014 would be 7th.

Looking at the ship, the one on the starboard side would be the first non-hull, the port side the 2nd back.

Seems someone recently was on Gem (same as Jade) in the room on the starboard side and had pics. It was a hybrid or had something unique (not bad) about it though.

I had the same question and noticed on the Jade deck plans they now identify the hull balconies with an empty square "PrivaSea" notation. So I checked your cabin numbers and you're good to go, no little squares (y) :D

I had the same question and noticed on the Jade deck plans they now identify the hull balconies with an empty square "PrivaSea" notation. So I checked your cabin numbers and you're good to go, no little squares (y) :D

It's about time they started doing that. Some years ago, we were looking at a balcony cabin fairly far forward on the Jewel. NCL deck plans did not make any distinction between regular and hull balconies. I only knew of the latter from Cruise Critic!

I had a great PCC at the time and asked him whether the cabin we were looking at was a hull (which we did NOT want). He didn't think so, but even the NCL PCCs did not have access to anything showing that info. He EMAILED the ship and got someone to go up to the cabin and confirm it was a regular balcony! (Talk about great service!)

We booked it, it was great. And, as I promised him I would, I sent him a photo after the cruise showing the balconies. Looking at it now and comparing it with the deck plans showing that new "PrivaSea" icon (talk about language spin), I see that the deck plans don't indicate the balcony that is the transition between full hull and regular. E.g., Deck 10, 10510, has a bit of hull but the deck plan has no icon showing that. In this photo, which is forward portside on the Jewel (that is, the bow is to the left), Cabin 10510 is the center row of balconies, all the way to the left. (The seated man is on the balcony of 10512.)

Jewel10514.jpg

(photo by turtles06)