Anthem of the Seas - The Questions I Had Answered

Did you sign up for Puzzle Break on the Cruise Planner? I didn't see it there under entertainment or activities. Thanks in advance.

It will show up in your cruise planner and be gone very quickly since there are so few spots. We missed it online but were able to sign up once we boarded the ship using the Royal IQ app. You can also go to the box office in the theater and sign up once you board, but do it the first thing since spaces fill up quickly.

When did puzzle break show up on the cruise planner? I can't find it to reserve it for my Anthem cruise 9/9.

It shows up late - no precise time. Monitor your roll call - someone usually posts when they find it.

If you miss it, download the Royal IQ app and check as soon as you board (and board early). There are always slots held back for on board booking, but they go quickly. I think you can book in person at a desk in the Seaplex.

• 7 months later...
I signed up for the puzzle break room on line a few months before sailing. When I got there that day people were waiting for no shows because all spots were taken. When you get on the ship go to the seaplex, that's where the escape room is. Find a staff member and try to make reservations with them. From what people told me it is a bit difficult to book once on board,they have you going from guest services and the seaplex. So, my advice just keep checking the cruise planner every day.

Marg

Do you know what tab I should be looking for the sign ups at? Entertainment, internet & More, some other place?

Thanks. Christine.

• 3 weeks later...
Tour De Anthem:

The cycle class on Anthem is held in the Vitality gym on sea days @ 8:00 am. The class is 45 minutes long and costs about $12.50 per person. We had read online that the shoes used with a Peloton bike would work (Delta Look Cleats) on the bikes with Anthem. Unfortunately that was incorrect information, the SPD cleats are the ones that work on these bikes (Google SPD Cleats) if you are not sure which ones you have. They do have Toe Cages that you can use your regular running shoes with, but the mechanism used to tighten the straps was less than intuitive, so all 4 in our group did some portion of the ride with loose cages and did have to re-adjust more than once. The class was "Eh". The instructor did not have much personality and bounced between "60%" "80%" and "100%" effort amongst some 90's Techno. I did sweat in the class, but was not impressed. We did decide to cancel our other 2 classes we had signed up. These bikes are in a separate area in the gym and there is signage stating that the bikes are reserved for classes only. We did not attempt to wander in there outside of the class time, but you might be able to get away with it.

Running Track:

If you have sailed an oasis class ship, you know they have a running track on deck 5 that is a dedicated running/ walking track. Anthem does have a running track, but it is located on the top deck where people usually walk. Frequently you will be faced with a narrow lane blocked by people walking 3 deep alongside each other. If you are planning on running, I highly suggest getting up there no later than 8. After that it gets very busy and can be a frustrating run trying to dodge others, or waiting for someone to move over.

Thanks for the info. I’m a Peloton junkie. Was hoping to bring my shoes. Guess I won’t. [emoji19]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums