Anniversary Celebration Coral Princess to Alaska

I would love some input/suggestions on what is available on the Coral Princess to commemorate an anniversary. We had a cruise booked in 2014 to celebrate our 50th. Then my mom passed away so we put that off to help take care of my dad. Then in 2015 my dad passed away and my DL had an heart attack and bypass surgery so we put it off again. I had decided it just wasnt meant to be to grant DL's life long wish to see Alaska. But my son took over and booked us all a trip on the Coral coming up May 27. We have much to celebrate, better health and 52 years of marriage. The Personalizer has a spot to denote special events. If I fill that out what does that usually generate? We're not huge party folks, so aren't planning anything special but it might be nice for some small recognition, the grandsweeties going with us would love it. For those who've cruised Princess before, what do you think is normally done?

It will generate door decorations, a card for the dining room for a special dessert (you don't really have to use it that night), a card from Princess and a bunch of obscure anniversary special discounts from the spa, EFFY store and art auction people. EFFY does give you a few small trinkets. Anything else is up to you.

Other folks book spas, specialty dining, etc onboard. Wouldn't recommend Sanctuary for Alaska - just sit in the Lotus Pool area for views and soft loungers. I would suggest a flight to one of the bear sites in Ketchikan or a helicopter glacier flight (both can be done either through Princess or cheaper direct).

We celebrated our 40th anniversary on the Ruby Princess last October. Like you, we are not, particularly, party people, but we enjoyed getting the "Happy Anniversary" decoration on our cabin door that LeeW mentioned. We really did not want to draw attention to ourselves in any of the restaurants. So, we never used the "Anniversary Dessert" card that was in our cabin.

Our anniversary fell on the first sea day of that cruise. To celebrate we booked the Ultimate Balcony Dinner and enjoyed a very nice meal, privately, with each other and with two very excellent waiters.

Princess does offer some anniversary gift packages that you can order from the cruise personalizer. You can check them out here:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/romance/

Also, Alaska is awesome. Have a great cruise.

I'd highly recommended the Ultimate Balcony Dinner to celebrate. It's amazing. $100 for two, includes photo, flower arrangement, Petit fours, welcome cocktail of your choice, half bottle French champagne, and four course dinner, served course by course by two wait staff dedicated to your every need. You keep the flowers, and get one photo, plus can buy any of the additional for $10 each.

It's a fantastic way to celebrate any special occasion...

The celebration recognition is a sign on your door with balloons, card and small card to take to dining room for cake and singing.. It's a nice touch.

If the Ultimate Balcony Dinner is too much for whatever reason, there's also the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast, doesn't include as much as UBD, but still wondeful, especially on a scenic cruising morning such as Glacier Bay, etc.

Congrats, Alaska is spectacular.

Madame B., I just re-read your post and this time I paid attention to the fact that the grandkids are going to be along. Are their parents coming, also? If not, then perhaps the Ultimate Balcony Dinner for two might not be appropriate. You can certainly have the two grandids with you, but, depending on their age, they may not really enjoy as much as you and your husband. Also, I have to believe that Princess will charge for both of them also.

The little special dessert might actually be a good idea. As LeeW indicated, if you indicate on your cruise personalizer that you will be celebrating your anniversary, you will find a congratulations card in your cabin on embarcation day. You may present that card to your server when you dine in any of the restaurants or dining rooms, and he/she will know to bring you the special dessert. When it arrives, a group of servers will sing a "Happy Anniversary" song, and, generally, at the end of the song the other diners in the room will clap in congratulations. It's not a big deal, but you do get to feel a little special and the grandkids might get a kick out of it. If you don't want the attention that the song brings, mention that to the server when you present the card, and your wishes will be honored.