A note on luggage tags...

I also use the tags with the metal grommets and the screw type metal rings. I also cruise other lines so I have two sets of them, the wide and the thin ones. I put two on the suitcase and I put a copy of the boarding pass inside the case as well.

I have used them several times and haven't had any problems. I got them from Amazon and as posted previously, very inexpensive.

Another good tip that I learned from CC was to buy a set of magnetic hooks for the cabin walls. We used them on our last cruise and found them to be very handy for hats, notices, bathing suits, jackets, etc! Can be found on Amazon as well as the tags.

I know this is about luggage tags but do you have a magnetic hook that you have found works well? SO many choices on amazon and I am not sure which ones will actually work. We are headed on the Grandeur to NE/Canada in October and will for sure have extra coats scarves etc that need to be hung up so I thought the magnetic hooks would be a good idea.

TIA

I know a lot of the experienced, frequent cruisers say to just get them from the porters at the pier. But for casual, every couple of years cruisers, printing out and folding and whatever else you do with the luggage tags are part of the excitement of cruising. It's something, no matter how small, you can look forward to while waiting for that infernal sail date to arrive. Just my thoughts.

I just purchased the plastic RC holders. I have never had a problem before but I totally agree that these make sense in the long run. Good advice about purchasing the wider ones that accommodate ALL cruise line tags. But can't you just cut them a little smaller to fit the wider tags? We too, go on many different cruise lines.

I just purchased the plastic RC holders. I have never had a problem before but I totally agree that these make sense in the long run. Good advice about purchasing the wider ones that accommodate ALL cruise line tags. But can't you just cut them a little smaller to fit the wider tags? We too, go on many different cruise lines.

If I recall correctly, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity fold each into fifths, while the other cruise lines fold theirs into thirds. Thus a Royal Caribbean tag is 2.2" while the others are 3.67". That is a difference of almost 1.5". Cutting that much off the tag just to make it fit the smaller size tag means you are going to hide something.

The smaller Royal Caribbean and Celebrity tags fit just fine in the wide plastic holders. There is no need to purchase the smaller plastic holders.