Does Anyone Else Not Stress Over Carnival's New Changes ?

Wow, I have never seen so many post on tablecloths. I could care less, however, if someone is that stressed out about it, they should bring their own.

I'm now waiting anxiously for someone to post they saw this done... Based on the number of people supposedly bothered by this it's bound to happen sometime LOL.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

I have to laugh at postings about cutbacks. Look around you at everything you buy today. Everything is cut back. Most food packages have reduced the quantity in the boxes or bags, toilet paper isn't as wide as it use to be, anything with moving parts is now made from plastic and wears out within a year. The list goes on and on. In most cases, they keep the same boxes or bags, just reduce the amount in them and charge you the same price.

We've been cruising since 1999 and the prices haven't really gone up that much. Life's too short to stress over something you can't change. (Other than going to a different cruise line if it bothers you that much.)

I have to laugh at postings about cutbacks. Look around you at everything you buy today. Everything is cut back. Most food packages have reduced the quantity in the boxes or bags, toilet paper isn't as wide as it use to be, anything with moving parts is now made from plastic and wears out within a year. The list goes on and on. In most cases, they keep the same boxes or bags, just reduce the amount in them and charge you the same price.
The most interesting for me is Google's new smartphones that were introduced 7 months ago will likely receive their last feature update 18 months from now, and their last security update 12 months later. That's a $600 or more device, which will be effectively obsolete in two and a half years, if you purchase it today.

For us, the only people we are loyal to are ourselves and our financial goals. Being "loyal" outside of our little family is counterproductive for our family as no one, no where, will have our best interest at heart like ourselves. Sorry, but being disappointed that other people or entities (especially corporations) did not do or act in a way that is beneficial to you or your family is a bit naive. If you like something/a product and want to buy it or use it, then that is great, but you are setting yourself up for a failure of expectations if you think that things won't change and your use of product will matter one way or another.

CCL never has any issues with filling their ships so basically they can do what they want and you can choose to cruise with whatever company you want. The debate ends there.

CC might be a gold mine of information but it's a very low-grade mine. You have to dig through tons of useless waste-rock to find some tiny gold flakes around here. :)

Nobody gets paid for posting on these boards. Actually, I think they're pretty good-natured the way they answer the same old questions over and over and over (questions that are readily available in the cruise line's FAQs if one took the time to glance over them)

This is a community that illicits opinions from it's posters. The greater an effect an experience had on the potential poster (good or bad) the more likely they are to post about it.

I learned long ago thanks other boards - read all the reviews - throw out the best 2 and the worst 2 and you'll likely get a relatively accurate view of what's being reviewed.

Me too. I think Glory's tables are beautiful. Unlike Vista's which are cheap looking laminate.

Yep, right on! The Vista's tables are just like the table at our neighborhood Denny's....and we don't frequent Denny's either!! Yuck, to us, it really takes away from a 'nicer' dining experience. Cruising on CCL used to be a few 'steps above' Denny's and Chili's.....now they are on par and for us, it has dampened our opinion of CCL...so like others, we have been venturing onto competitor's lines who better meet our expectations of cruising.

Yep, right on! The Vista's tables are just like the table at our neighborhood Denny's....and we don't frequent Denny's either!! Yuck, to us, it really takes away from a 'nicer' dining experience. Cruising on CCL used to be a few 'steps above' Denny's and Chili's.....now they are on par and for us, it has dampened our opinion of CCL...so like others, we have been venturing onto competitor's lines who better meet our expectations of cruising.

I guess it's a good thing I like Denny's and Chili's;).

I'm curious. When you dined in the MDR on Vista on the "Elegant" nights of your cruise, did the DR magically transform back to an above a Dennys/Chili's experience since the dining altering tablecloths are used on those nights, or was the wait staff, service, multiple course, have a many as you want dinner choices still down there with Dennys?

I'm now waiting anxiously for someone to post they saw this done... Based on the number of people supposedly bothered by this it's bound to happen sometime LOL.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk

When the horror of the table clothes was first announced, there were stories and in a few cases pics posted of people doing something close...and reported stories of people who stated they were going to pack table cloths, or a least placements to overcome this atrocity. I did see pics of this on FB...including pics of people that got extra napkins and used them a placements...a couple rendering showed table where the folks at them used multiple napkins to give a simulated table cloth effect. Dinner was saved!!

The changes don't bother me a bit. I have always enjoyed our cruises and will continue to do so. It's all about the attitude!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Exactly.

All cruise lines change. I would encourage others to try other lines, if they want to, but am also reminded of the warnings associated with certain investments - past performance is no guarantee of future performance. :evilsmile:

So far, changes and cut backs have not affected our enjoyment. I do sorta' miss the bedtime chocolates. We figured out the "cost of chocolates" one time, based on cruise $$$ paid - I think they cost $345 each, if I remember.

Being "Aft Rats" the pool areas are a misnomer. Table clothes, whatever. I really don't take advantage of all the amenities. BUT, I don't like having to tell my stewards if I want one or two cabin services a day or not.(Trust me, I DO tip "my guys" extra for keeping up with me!)

I don't stress about the small stuff, like cutbacks, but I may criticize some of them. The cutback that affected me the most was when Carnival went from a 150 to a 200% solo supplement. That turned into a blessing, since instead of just booking Carnival automatically, I started searching for single fares on other lines. That lead me to expand my cruising experiences to Celebrity and NCL, where I found lower fares on some sailings than Carnival.

It is what it is...

Do you know how many changes CCL has made in the last 20 years.... Your head would spin.

I miss the pillow fights and horse racing

and my major complaint is why is the ice not as cold anymore LOL

Loved those pillow fights and horse races.

No article needed. We cruise three or four times a year so I've watched the downgraded food quality as its happening. I noticed this last cruise that the buffalo mozzarella was replaced with a lower quality mozzarella at the Pizza Pirate. The red skin potato salad is gone (one of my favorites), too. In the steak house, the side portions were laughably tiny. I'm not one to overeat, but the one rounded tablespoon of mashed potatoes in the serving dish was the smallest portion I'd ever seen on any cruise ship. I'm sure I can come up with more if you want.

And what happened to the tomato sauce on the pizza? Caesar salad is now room temp, gross--it should be cold.