If you are on the pearl right now (may 7-14, Alaska)

There is a great review on this site from the Pearl, but it is from a Panama Canal cruise. It's called Pearl - Live 4/3 posted by Clevelandcruisin. It has a lot of pictures including the spa areas and the dailies. I'm not sure if that helps or not but it's a very good review. It was posted about 6-7 days ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a great review on this site from the Pearl, but it is from a Panama Canal cruise. It's called Pearl - Live 4/3 posted by Clevelandcruisin. It has a lot of pictures including the spa areas and the dailies. I'm not sure if that helps or not but it's a very good review. It was posted about 6-7 days ago.

I actually did read that and enjoyed it! I am on the first Alaska cruise of next year though, and I want to see the comparable dailies and such :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone currently cruising to/from Alaska...can you tell me if the recent earthquakes at Haines and Skagway have affected the WhitePass Railway at all?

Oh wow- didn't know about this....

Great...leaving next week and we have a railway excursion planned .

I've been lurking on Instagram (found #NorwegianPearl and #NCLPearl hashtags give me some results.

I saw a couple of the train in Skagway, so don't think it affected it. Unless the earthquake was after?

I hope hope hope someone posts the dailies too! Can't wait!

Anyone currently cruising to/from Alaska...can you tell me if the recent earthquakes at Haines and Skagway have affected the WhitePass Railway at all?

Did you use Google? If there is an issue you will find your answer on the RRs web site.

Did you use Google? If there is an issue you will find your answer on the RRs web site.

That is kind of snarky. Having no knowledge about the reputation of the company that runs the railroad or any of the excursion - I've been on trips before where I googled, but there wasn't info about complications they were experiencing, or rerouting because of construction, etc. TripAdvisor did though - and isn't this the cruising version of that? There is no harm in confirming a Google search about a cruise question with asking a question here.

Actually, it helped me... I didn't even know there was an earthquake - so how the hell would I know to Google it?

I called our excursion company for Skagway...they said no damage in Skagway and that they have been operating all tours since May 2, which was the first cruise ship into Skagway. We are doing a rail/bus tour in Skagway. So it's full steam ahead...