Considering Adventure of the Seasfrom San Juan - one question

Leaving from SJ is our favorite, especially when Jewel was there. Doing b2b's with their different itineraries was the BEST Now its Adventure. I know its a great ship but we have an issue with the balconies for GS and OS rooms. The rail, instead of being all glass, is half metal (at the bottom) with glass on the top half... at least that is what the photos show. I was told by a TA friend of mine that when Adventure underwent its last refurb that all balconies changed to all glass. Can someone confirm what it is...all glass or half glass with metal on bottom?

Here are a couple of photos of Adventure I took in February, which is after the last refurb. (I was wondering the same thing as you so when I ran across Adventure in Barbados I zoomed in and snapped some pics.)

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

image hosting

Jewel of the Seas will be back in San Juan next winter. In winter 2019 Freedom of the Seas will be replacing Adventure of the Seas in San Juan. Freedom has all-glass balconies.

The balcony materials really are fine...it is what it is...and you have fresh air and a view! Those "plexi" glass things are always smudgy and dirty anyway...can't see thru them! Most folks do their "ocean gazing" standing at the rail.

Thanks for posting this! I can see my cabin for September 9 sailing so clearly here and I have been looking for exactly this!

Here are a couple of photos of Adventure I took in February, which is after the last refurb. (I was wondering the same thing as you so when I ran across Adventure in Barbados I zoomed in and snapped some pics.)

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

image hosting

Jewel of the Seas will be back in San Juan next winter. In winter 2019 Freedom of the Seas will be replacing Adventure of the Seas in San Juan. Freedom has all-glass balconies.

Freedom is replacing Adventure next summer actually (2018).

And I agree, don't worry about picking a ship based on whether the balcony is all glass or half glass. The glass is always dirty from the salt water anyway. And it's not like you won't be able to see the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1459.jpg

image hosting

You don't happen to have any pics of the rear of the ship do you? We are going on this in October and have a balcony at the very rear on the side and I have seen where it looks like it may be partially obstructed. Thank you!

Bob,

I am new to this board and as I go from thread to thread I am always amazed at the quality and quantity of your posts. Thank you so much for sharing your wealth of knowledge and know that you are greatly appreciated!

Bob,

I am new to this board and as I go from thread to thread I am always amazed at the quality and quantity of your posts. Thank you so much for sharing your wealth of knowledge and know that you are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the kind words and welcome to Cruise Critic.