Sun Meet and Greet in Las Ramblas Tapas Bar

Hi,

We have a M&G scheduled for next week in Las Ramblas. How many people can be comfortably seated in this area? Is lunch served in this same area? Our M&G is scheduled from 11-Noon.

We have over 100 signed up for our M&G (of course, I know not everyone will attend) but I'm always worried things won't work out the way they're planned.

Thanks! :ship:

Hi,

We have a M&G scheduled for next week in Las Ramblas. How many people can be comfortably seated in this area? Is lunch served in this same area? Our M&G is scheduled from 11-Noon.

We have over 100 signed up for our M&G (of course, I know not everyone will attend) but I'm always worried things won't work out the way they're planned.

Thanks! :ship:

100 is too many for Las Ramblas. I would guess only 50% will show, so it might be alright.

Lunch is served one deck down in Moderno and the buffet.

If this is an official M&G you arranged through NCL, then I wouldn't worry about it. They'll put it where they want it and even asking to change it won't likely do you any good They make the decision about where it is; all you can do is let them know how many people are signed up.. On one cruise we were concerned about the location since we had so many signed up, and I asked to change to a larger venue. They said no because not everyone would show up. We realized that, but more than 100 showed up and it was pretty tight! But, we made it work. They've changed venues a few times as the numbers grew when I've been coordinating the M&Gs for various cruises.

I'm a worry wort! I'm sure they chose the tapas bar because there is a sound system in place. We've had M&G's in LeBistro, for example, and you really can't hear what's being said.

The reservation is for 70; we have about 115 signed up, so I expect somewhere between 50-75.

Does anyone know if they still serve lunch (sandwiches) in the tapas bar? I read a recent review indicating they do but someone said they don't. Guess we'll find out Tuesday.

There haven't been sandwiches at any of the M&Gs I've been to. Pastries and such, but no sandwiches.

Thanks, but I meant does NCL serve lunch in the tapas bar? It might be very crowded if people are coming through to get lunch while we're having a meeting.

Thanks, but I meant does NCL serve lunch in the tapas bar? It might be very crowded if people are coming through to get lunch while we're having a meeting.

We had ours there last year, and no lunch service there. It was only our group. Plus with Cagneys across the hall closed at lunch, it's pretty quiet up there.

I just want to add that for the M & G I attended on the Sun in February this year the staff closed off Las Ramblas with signs saying private party to stop folk wandering in and through to the aft deck. Sign up sheet and name stickers provided by NCL. If there is a sound system it wasn't used. Not sure how many we had attend but it was enough for our group. The usual pastries, tea, coffee was put out. Officers didn't stay long at all. HD answered a couple of questions and then they left. We stayed a bit longer, mingled chatted and they got their space back around mid-day.

I just want to add that for the M & G I attended on the Sun in February this year the staff closed off Las Ramblas with signs saying private party to stop folk wandering in and through to the aft deck. Sign up sheet and name stickers provided by NCL. If there is a sound system it wasn't used. Not sure how many we had attend but it was enough for our group. The usual pastries, tea, coffee was put out. Officers didn't stay long at all. HD answered a couple of questions and then they left. We stayed a bit longer, mingled chatted and they got their space back around mid-day.

Great! It's not my first M&G, but the first time it was organized by a contact in Miami. I've emailed CC about the change in the way they are scheduled, but never heard anything back from them. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

No sound system when we met there in March. Las Ramblas is not open until late afternoon, so no worries about being forced out early. We had 40 - 50 for our M&G, and I would guess there were maybe 10-15 open seats. FYI, Brian Walters, HD, will line up his fellow officers and introduce them at the beginning. He'll say a few words, answer any questions, and then they will all leave. Took about 15 minutes tops.

Great! It's not my first M&G, but the first time it was organized by a contact in Miami. I've emailed CC about the change in the way they are scheduled, but never heard anything back from them. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

If you are saying that NCL has not been in contact with you, you should email them. I always get an email from NCL within a couple of days of sending them the request.

Oh, I didn't realize that and misunderstood. All the NCL M&Gs I've been to have been private, and NCL posts signs at the entrances that a private party is taking place so that others don't come in.