Are beer buckets still "a thing"?

Will be on Oasis next month... are the discounted buckets 'o beer still a thing that is offered, or has this been "overcome by events"... e.g. the drink package?

Actually more broadly I'd be interested to hear of any discounts, happy hours, specials, etc. that don't involve the drink package or drink card. If any of these things still exist...

They had them on the Harmony in March and lots of choices of which beer you would like- the price depended on which beer you wanted. It was something like buy 6 get one free.

They were also available on our March cruise on Harmony too....it was buy 6 get one free....the little cooler they used to give you was nice but ours was in a bucket...maybe this varies.

Thanks for the info... I'm assuming they don't open all of them? I'd want to take them back to my stateroom and enjoy over the next 2 or 3 days. Of course then I guess I'm committed to keeping them on constant ice?

I have always wondered what the rule is when your beer is already chilled but have guessed it is not good to let it warm back up and re-chill later... but then I guess in cold weather climates beer mile warm and cool as it is transported/stocked/etc.

Thanks for the info... I'm assuming they don't open all of them? I'd want to take them back to my stateroom and enjoy over the next 2 or 3 days. Of course then I guess I'm committed to keeping them on constant ice?

I have always wondered what the rule is when your beer is already chilled but have guessed it is not good to let it warm back up and re-chill later... but then I guess in cold weather climates beer mile warm and cool as it is transported/stocked/etc.

If you tell them not to open them, they won't. Otherwise they will open them. You can keep them on ice, drink them warm, or keep in them in your cooler/frig if your stateroom is equipped with one. Since you are in FL, and might be driving to a port, your stateroom attendant can also fill a small cooler that you bring with you with ice, instead of using the ice bucket.

The ones we've had/seen recently were twist open type. I don't think it matters if its been chilled or not...I've asked this before when at home I had to buy what was in the fridge at my store and then didn't have room in my home fridge until I could set up the cooler when having a party.

The ones we've had/seen recently were twist open type. I don't think it matters if its been chilled or not...I've asked this before when at home I had to buy what was in the fridge at my store and then didn't have room in my home fridge until I could set up the cooler when having a party.

Michelob Ultra, Bud and Bud Light onboard are in aluminum bottles and require a bottle opener. :)

Michelob Ultra, Bud and Bud Light onboard are in aluminum bottles and require a bottle opener. :)

Then I guess it varies by ship or itinerary and supplier :confused:

Beer should not be re chilled after been warmed up to room temp :cool:

Trouble (peter)

The aluminum bottles of Bud Light has screw caps on Indy last month. Our room attendant has usually kept ice on them for us. We like to get the buckets and take them up to our balcony.

On the Harmony we had a bag cooler with handles, nicer than a bucket. Royal usually runs out of the bags, so the buckets are used then. A bottle opener was included. We purchased Corona in bottles.Stateroom attendant brought us ice daily. With tip I think the total cost was $46.00 for seven Coronas.