Loyalty to a Cruise Line

saunalick

Yes I know, if you're loyal to a Line you get many perks. I'm going on the Anthem Of The Seas from Royal in Dec.. this will be my third cruise line experience. Having been on a transatlantic on Celebrity, a party cruise to Cozumel on Carnival. What can I expect from Royal?? The videos look amazing and I can't wait to embark.

Yes I know, if you're loyal to a Line you get many perks. I'm going on the Anthem Of The Seas from Royal in Dec.. this will be my third cruise line experience. Having been on a transatlantic on Celebrity, a party cruise to Cozumel on Carnival. What can I expect from Royal?? The videos look amazing and I can't wait to embark.

You don't get hardly any perks on your first cruise on any line.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Celebrity cruise should get you the same "status" perks on RCCL as someone with their second RCCL cruise - that is Gold status perks (though technically won't be Gold on RCCL). If same as last time we were Gold on RCCL that would be a coupon book with some discounts on things you probably don't want anyway. Of course you may also need to have signed up for Celebrity's Captains Club to get any reciprocal benefits on RCCL.

The Celebrity cruise should get you the same "status" perks on RCCL as someone with their second RCCL cruise - that is Gold status perks (though technically won't be Gold on RCCL). If same as last time we were Gold on RCCL that would be a coupon book with some discounts on things you probably don't want anyway. Of course you may also need to have signed up for Celebrity's Captains Club to get any reciprocal benefits on RCCL.

This is not correct. While it is true the RCI and Celebrity have reciprocity with tier benefits, that does not begin until you reach Celebrity Select or RCI Platinum (Emerald would also share with Select) at which point you will receive each lines benefits associated with that tier. The next - and final - tier with reciprocity is Celebrity Elite, with which RCI Diamond, Diamond+, and Pinnacle share the Elite benefits when cruising on Celebrity, and Elite, Elite +, and Zenith share the Diamond benefits when sailing on RCI.

And with either line, the actual loyalty program points earned are accrued and remain with the individual line you are cruising on at the time. This points are not shared - only the benefits associate with the tiers as indicated.

With their first cruise on RCI, the OP will have no loyalty tier benefits available as tier levels are calculated based on the accumulated points totaled after each cruise. That is also the same with Celebrity. The loyalty programs are designed to entice you to return, thus the benefits are provided on your second and subsequent cruises with either line.

Here is the link to the Celebrity Captains Club program if interested:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

And here is the link to the RCI Crown & Anchor program:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cas/?icid=hpnvbr_pagehe_crw_hm_awaren_948

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Thanks for the info, I did think they were "sister cruise lines." It's been a while since the Celebrity cruise, would they still have the info for it? I'll check, as this one isn't until Dec. 14. I'm so looking forward to this one!! 4 sea days, to get acquainted with the ship!,!!

Thanks for the info, I did think they were "sister cruise lines." It's been a while since the Celebrity cruise, would they still have the info for it? I'll check, as this one isn't until Dec. 14. I'm so looking forward to this one!! 4 sea days, to get acquainted with the ship!,!!

Yes, they will still have the information regarding your cruise with them. It would be helpful if you can provide them with the ship, itinerary, and sailing date, but they will still have your history on file and will register you for the Captain's Club. You can call the Captains Club at 800-760-0654 or use the link to the CC website and go to the enrollment tab. If you are booking through a travel agent they should be able to help as well. You can also enroll with the Crown & Anchor program with RCI prior to your sailing to have your cruise points with them in December accumulated.

I will check with them. I would love to get my points/status with them. I usually just find a bargain, or great deal, and go from there. I'm traveling solo, can't get any friends to commit to this far in advance. I've traveled the US many times by myself, even going to Chicago solo. That was a great experience.