$19 Sabor on Harmony

Not a good move for us...$80 for a family of 4 at a Mexican food restaurant is quite a bit more than what I'd pay on land at a Mexican restaurant here in Southern California of equal quality. Unless you are seriously eating way more than you normally would, this is just overpriced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, for lunch that price seems really crazy. My wife and I were on Harmony last month and she's a guacamole fiend, so we had lunch at Sabor twice. One time we split an order of guacamole and an order of quesadillas, and another time the same plus an order of three tacos. Both times it was a heck of a lot cheaper than $19/person. They're going to be empty at lunch at $19/person.

I booked a Central Park balcony for next year on Harmony and received free lunch at Sabor, Jamie's, or Giovanni's. That's probably why, because it's so slow at lunch.

Yes, there is a Sabor Bar outside on the Boardwalk, but I don't know if they serve food there.

It was very much a 'bar' and only called "Sabor Bar" I guess because it was near Sabor. Else you wouldn't even put the two together. I drank there many times and don't recall ever seeing any sort of food offered.

It was very much a 'bar' and only called "Sabor Bar" I guess because it was near Sabor. Else you wouldn't even put the two together. I drank there many times and don't recall ever seeing any sort of food offered.

With the new $19 flat fee for Sabor, I'll bet that bar could make some good money offering chips and guacamole snacks.

With the new $19 flat fee for Sabor, I'll bet that bar could make some good money offering chips and guacamole snacks.

I agree. I know I won't go to Sabor for lunch at $19/person. That's very disappointing. But I would grab small bites at the Sabor bar if they had it, for sure.

Doesn't Oasis have a Sabor Bar (in the middle of boardwalk- used to be called something else I think, and, not to be confused with the "bar inside of Sabor")? I've seen photos of it, for sure. Does it serve chips and guac or anything like that at all? I know they say it doesn't serve Sabor signature cocktails which seems odd since it is called the "Sabor Bar."

On Harmony (and Symphony) the Sabor Bar is built inside the restaurant. On Oasis/Allure it´s the former Boardwalk Bar which is in the middle of the Boardwalk to the aft. It´s just renamed since they´ve changed Seafood Shack (Oasis) and Rita´s Cantina (Allure) to Sabor. The Boardwalk Bar used to have some boxed salads and sandwiches but I think that´s gone for quite a while.

steamboats

I am going to be on Harmony in September and have been checking out the cruise planner. About 2 weeks ago it said $15PP, and people on here said it was just for reservations and that the amount would be applied to the at la cart pricing. A couple of days ago I noticed it now said $19, but it still shows the menu with al la cart pricing..... so not really sure which is the case at this point.

If it really is a flat fee of $19 now I'm not sure if we will make it there or not.... just have to see I guess.

On Allure now, just checked out Sabor - it is now a $19 cover charge and the menu is down to appetizers, Tacos, Quesadillas and dessert!! Actually, there were quite a few people inside eating. But at night it is mostly empty!

Carla

This.... so much. If all you see is 🌮 then you shouldn't eat here at any price

Really not sure what menu you're looking at then. The Sabor menu I have seen offers more than just tacos

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not that I don't think $19/pp is high for Sabor, but I figured I'd just compare it to a local Mexican place near me that my kids like for pricing comparison.

If we're limiting it to appetizers, tacos, quesadillas and dessert, here is a comparison of prices:

Appetizers: Queso Fundido - $8.95

Guacamole - $8.00

Jalapeno poppers - $7.95

Super Nachos - $9.95

Beef or chicken Quesadilla - $7.95

Tacos: $10.95

Quesadillas: $12.95

Dessert: Flan - $4.95

Bunuelo - $4.95

Fried Ice Cream - $4.95

So if I were to order an appetizer, either tacos or quesadillas and a dessert, I'd be over the $19 cover charge for Sabor. Even if I got the appetizer quesadilla, I'd probably hit or top $19. We never went to the one on Allure in April so I didn't see the pricing of the small plates so I can't compare it. Only went to the one on Freedom a few years back for lunch and they were still doing the tableside guacamole back then.

Given the decline in quality, I don't think I'd spend $19/pp for Sabor. I'd rather take the kids to our local place and spend a bit more but really like what we get.

Really not sure what menu you're looking at then. The Sabor menu I have seen offers more than just tacos

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Unless the Freedom and Voyager class changed their menus, the menus on the Allure are different with fewer offerings.

Carla

It was bad to begin with but removing the entrees makes me wonder if it's just cost cutting or they will replace w something else someday. They must not want to use it for dinners anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not that I don't think $19/pp is high for Sabor, but I figured I'd just compare it to a local Mexican place near me that my kids like for pricing comparison.

If we're limiting it to appetizers, tacos, quesadillas and dessert, here is a comparison of prices:

Appetizers: Queso Fundido - $8.95

Guacamole - $8.00

Jalapeno poppers - $7.95

Super Nachos - $9.95

Beef or chicken Quesadilla - $7.95

Tacos: $10.95

Quesadillas: $12.95

Dessert: Flan - $4.95

Bunuelo - $4.95

Fried Ice Cream - $4.95

So if I were to order an appetizer, either tacos or quesadillas and a dessert, I'd be over the $19 cover charge for Sabor. Even if I got the appetizer quesadilla, I'd probably hit or top $19. We never went to the one on Allure in April so I didn't see the pricing of the small plates so I can't compare it. Only went to the one on Freedom a few years back for lunch and they were still doing the tableside guacamole back then.

Given the decline in quality, I don't think I'd spend $19/pp for Sabor. I'd rather take the kids to our local place and spend a bit more but really like what we get.

It's not whether Sabor is worth $19 for a meal. It is. It's whether it's worth $19 when you have countless complimentary options available also. And it's not. It's also not just $19, it's per person. Do I want to spend an extra $40 on lunch for my wife and I to eat mediocre Mexican food on a cruise ship? Not a chance. Sabor was fairly empty when we sailed Oasis last year as it was. I can't imagine this drawing a crowd! We'll see in October when I sail Harmony.

It was bad to begin with but removing the entrees makes me wonder if it's just cost cutting or they will replace w something else someday. They must not want to use it for dinners anymore.

I was thinking the same thing, if the menu really is reduced that makes no sense given the $19 charge. It is almost like they are putting it out to pasture. An odd way to go about it though, if true...

It's not whether Sabor is worth $19 for a meal. It is. It's whether it's worth $19 when you have countless complimentary options available also. And it's not. It's also not just $19, it's per person. Do I want to spend an extra $40 on lunch for my wife and I to eat mediocre Mexican food on a cruise ship? Not a chance. Sabor was fairly empty when we sailed Oasis last year as it was. I can't imagine this drawing a crowd! We'll see in October when I sail Harmony.

Like you I don't think it is going to draw a crowd at all. A combo at Tijuana Flats is $10, dos tacos meal and others even less. I don't typically order anything else besides a drink. So for me to reach that amount I'd need to be eating locally at a place that offers full entrees. (I know many consider Tijuana Flats to be low grade but I actually like it for what it is, and it doesn't sound much different from Sabor at this point.)

OTOH if you were to compare Chops to a nice steakhouse locally, you could get to the $40 mark or whatever it is now pretty easily just with the cut of meat.

Isn't chops lunch on Harmony 19? For comparison on lunch.

How much is Jamie's lunch? I don't think it shows on cruise planner, is it open for lunch?

I think the way I could end up there is if MTD had a long wait and kid in the mood for tacos and had done solarium night before.

Currently on the Oasis and we at at sabor last night. The food was fantastic, and it was pretty crowded when we got there around 7:15. They switched to the 19.00 flat fee last sailing.

We just got off Oasis. Our meal for 3 at Sabor was $21 (chicken and pork tacos, a quesadilla, and guacamole). We were all stuffed. If this price is in effect next year, we will skip Sabor as I can't justify 3x the cost. The food is good, but not worth it when I can get similar quality locally for half the cost.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Disclaimer (Harmony): Haven't read thread, no idea of other comments...

New menu is all you can enjoy style at $19pp. The main courses are indeed gone. Not clue if you only order say quac only at the bar.

Included is the new menu plus beverage menu.

6c84081927f2307cd3f1e257b35d72bf.jpgc7328cc64210206ed2b2dc09a49953ff.jpg5cd7ea35cf5044523bc2e475b9e02b6c.jpg

Sent from a mobile device