EZ Air - New Notifications

azbirdmom

I have seen multiple people complain here about not being informed about changes to flight reservations made on EZ Air so I thought I'd share what just happened to me. Times for flights for an upcoming cruise booked via EZ Air were just changed by United. This is how I was notified:

1. Princess sent a PDF to our TA informing her of the new flights which she immediately forwarded to me.
  2. Upon going to the Cruise Personalizer for this cruise, the "Travel Arrangements" button at the top had a red banner over it indicating that flights had changed. And
  3. When I clicked on the Travel Arrangements button, there was a statement requiring me to acknowledge that I have been made aware of the flight changes before allowing me to do anything with said flights (still in the flexible stage).

I was quite pleased to see that Princess is doing so much to inform folks that there have been changes so they can avoid unpleasant surprises. Hope this continues!

I have seen multiple people complain here about not being informed about changes to flight reservations made on EZ Air so I thought I'd share what just happened to me. Times for flights for an upcoming cruise booked via EZ Air were just changed by United. This is how I was notified:

1. Princess sent a PDF to our TA informing her of the new flights which she immediately forwarded to me.
  2. Upon going to the Cruise Personalizer for this cruise, the "Travel Arrangements" button at the top had a red banner over it indicating that flights had changed. And
  3. When I clicked on the Travel Arrangements button, there was a statement requiring me to acknowledge that I have been made aware of the flight changes before allowing me to do anything with said flights (still in the flexible stage).

I was quite pleased to see that Princess is doing so much to inform folks that there have been changes so they can avoid unpleasant surprises. Hope this continues!

I just saw that last week! That's great. I hope that show up for every/all changes.

That's good news. Shows Princess is making an attempt to improve eZAir.

I have found it sometimes takes weeks for flight changes to show on the eZAir site. I have had to call Princess to notify them that changes have been made to my itinerary. If that lag time can be shortened significantly, I will be very impressed. Time will tell...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Thanks azbirdmom...it's good to know that you received these EZAir notifications but hopefully I won't have any changes to learn about. ;)

Did UA send an email notification of the change? Too often airlines neglect to inform us of changes. I wonder if airlines directly notify Princess of changes or if Princess's computers are programmed to discover changes & automatically generate the notification you received.

:

:

More encouraging to use EZ Air. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks azbirdmom...it's good to know that you received these EZAir notifications but hopefully I won't have any changes to learn about. ;)

Did UA send an email notification of the change? Too often airlines neglect to inform us of changes. I wonder if airlines directly notify Princess of changes or if Princess's computers are programmed to discover changes & automatically generate the notification you received.

United did not send me a notification. In fact we fly them regularly and they haven't sent an email, text, or left a voicemail about a change in quite a while. As a result I have gotten in the habit of checking the status of my flights every couple of days just in case something changes. The Princess one happened to beat my manual check and I suspect that they implemented something on their side to detect changes in schedules. I agree that it would be great if they could detect seat changes as well, and I guess time will tell if they did that too.

United did not send me a notification. In fact we fly them regularly and they haven't sent an email, text, or left a voicemail about a change in quite a while. As a result I have gotten in the habit of checking the status of my flights every couple of days just in case something changes. The Princess one happened to beat my manual check and I suspect that they implemented something on their side to detect changes in schedules. I agree that it would be great if they could detect seat changes as well, and I guess time will tell if they did that too.

Same thing with my son's EZ Air Delta flight last week. No other notification other than the red banner.

I also proactively check my flights in order to learn about changes ASAP & when there's a change to search for alternatives before contacting the airline when changes don't work with our travel plans. Airlines too often have unrealistic connection times & if they change our existing flights to a short connection time will seek a more reasonable connection time.