America's cup

OK, so the America's Cup is going to be in Bermuda when we sail the Anthem! We have 0% interest watching... We're looking for things to do, I know it's going to be crazy and the excursions are not very attractive! Not picky we just like a non stressful vacation.

We enjoyed a combo excursion that included Crystal Caves, Aquarium, and zoo.

That's on the opposite side of the island, right? I'm worried about traffic! The last thing I want to do on vacation is sit in gridlock.

That's on the opposite side of the island, right? I'm worried about traffic! The last thing I want to do on vacation is sit in gridlock.

We took a bus to the excursion and had no problems with traffic. On the way back we took a ferry.directly to the ship.

I am going to be in Bermuda during that time as well (Grandeur).

I know nothing about the Cup, really. Did you say the activities are on the other side of the island from where the ship will dock ?

Can't decide it if I want to embrace it or avoid it....

I know nothing about the Cup, really. Did you say the activities are on the other side of the island from where the ship will dock ?

They are actually home based at the Dockyards. So right next to where the ship docks.

The course is in the bay, but the ferry should be able to run ok.

You will be in the center of all the action for the America's Cup which could be a once in a lifetime experience. Give it a chance. You might be fascinated and there will be plenty to watch. :cool:

This is actually the third time I've inadvertently come across the Cup so I figured I'd finally go see it.

They are actually home based at the Dockyards. So right next to where the ship docks.

The course is in the bay, but the ferry should be able to run ok.

The public ferry and buses will be running as usual. America's Cup will also have private ferries running to/from St George on weekends and Hamilton to America's Cup Village with timed departures. I believe advance tickets are required.

You will be in the center of all the action for the America's Cup which could be a once in a lifetime experience. Give it a chance. You might be fascinated and there will be plenty to watch. :cool:

Yeah, I get it, but my wife is very fair skin ( she will burn in like 5 minutes!) and I really dont like crowds, were looking for a chill vacation! I love New York and the people I just dont want it to be in Bermuda! lol We were looking at having lunch at the Swizzle Inn but I dont want the hastle of getting there!

I really just dont want to be stressed out! and mad traffice will do that to me, I normally watch the America's cup and it really is cool, I personally am just looking for the island life on the cruise! It has been a long year with constant on the go, so this may be just a hang around the port day!

I really just dont want to be stressed out! and mad traffice will do that to me, I normally watch the America's cup and it really is cool, I personally am just looking for the island life on the cruise! It has been a long year with constant on the go, so this may be just a hang around the port day!

We were booked on NCL going to Bermuda in 2 weeks, I switched to the Bahamas itinerary because I didn't want to deal with crowds and traffic (being from the NYC area). I'm used to packed beaches and traffic!

We were there last October when they were beginning construction on the World Cup facilities and there were a few of the yachts practicing. It was really something to see. Would love to be sitting on a balcony facing the races! Would truly be a once in a lifetime experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums