Booking 24 people at a Specialty Restaurant

Does anyone have experience booking a large group at a specialty restaurant? We are trying to book Wonderland on Harmony for 24 adults. Dining hasn't opened up yet so I want to be able to do this the day it opens. I'm assuming I need to pay for all 24 people at that point? Some are in our group with a TA, a few others have different TA's so they aren't linked with us.

Any suggestions...(besides don't do it).

Yes you will need to pay in full up front for everyone, but unless you call, I think you will have great difficulties booking. You may have to wait until you are on board and discuss it in person and be very flexible as to date and time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

And I would have your TA contact the cruise line directly making arrangements. This can't be done online and will need to be handled thru a special dept. 24 reservations at same time is not normally going to work without special arrangements.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone have experience booking a large group at a specialty restaurant? We are trying to book Wonderland on Harmony for 24 adults. Dining hasn't opened up yet so I want to be able to do this the day it opens. I'm assuming I need to pay for all 24 people at that point? Some are in our group with a TA, a few others have different TA's so they aren't linked with us.

Any suggestions...(besides don't do it).

Just a few thoughts (besides are you crazy). Wonderland is a very unique place to eat. Do ALL 24 people understand this is not a steak and potato place, but a place to eat extremely weird foods? (I personally loved the place).

Next, the place is not set up for a table of 24. So my thought is you book all 24 people, paying for it at time of booking. (it's only $1200.00 for the group). When you arrive on the ship, go to the restaurant, and let them know that you would like to sit together in a section at such and such time for the group. Note you will not be on one table but maybe they can sit you in the same area of the room.

I would go knowing the expectation is you will be sitting at multiple tables and half your group will dislike the food. Good luck.

I posted a link to a few reviews of Wonderland and 24 out of about 40 people were interested. I know some people are just going because most of the group is, but they are aware of the unique food.

We are okay with a few tables, just hoping they are in the same section. Some places are able to move tables together for real large groups, but I've never seen the setup for this restaurant.

My main concern of waiting until we board to get the date and time is some people in the group have infants and need to book the nursery once we board for the night of the dinner. Not very worried about the 3+ kids because there seems to be a lot more available in the adventure club. I would much rather be able to tell everyone upfront, Day 5 at 8:00 is Wonderland and they can make arrangements as needed.

I posted a link to a few reviews of Wonderland and 24 out of about 40 people were interested. I know some people are just going because most of the group is, but they are aware of the unique food.

We are okay with a few tables, just hoping they are in the same section. Some places are able to move tables together for real large groups, but I've never seen the setup for this restaurant.

My main concern of waiting until we board to get the date and time is some people in the group have infants and need to book the nursery once we board for the night of the dinner. Not very worried about the 3+ kids because there seems to be a lot more available in the adventure club. I would much rather be able to tell everyone upfront, Day 5 at 8:00 is Wonderland and they can make arrangements as needed.

Do you have anyone in your group in a GS or better? If so, the suite concierge might be able to help with reservations.

Do you have anyone in your group in a GS or better? If so, the suite concierge might be able to help with reservations.

There is one GS couple. Do you have any idea when they can contact the suite concierge? The sailing isn't until Feb, so I have plenty of time.

There is one GS couple. Do you have any idea when they can contact the suite concierge? The sailing isn't until Feb, so I have plenty of time.

I'd wait until about a month before the cruise, as the concierge can change in the interim.

I'd wait until about a month before the cruise, as the concierge can change in the interim.

By 1 month prior the venue will be booked by cruisers with status and there will not be room at one seating for 24. TA needs to deal with this ASAP to confirm if this type of booking is even possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I called and spoke with a very nice lady who said Wonderland is able to accommodate that size party, but it will have to go through shipboard events. She said to go ahead and email them and they would take over everything including payment. She said it's important to finalize it before dining opens up to other reservations.

Thanks for all the suggestions....