Cannot sign into celebrity web site

mcrcruiser

We just changed cruises from our Celebrity to a RCCL cruise & basically the same itinerary & saved over $1200 for a rear balcony cabin .The new cruise is on Navigator of the Seas Nov 23 ,2018 . Great pricing especially with the diamond level RCCL balcony discount & 30% off by RCCL .:D:D

Can't stand Xs problem web site

Is the Navigator cruise leaving from the West Coast? I know previously you said you'd no longer fly to Florida, so I'm wondering where the ship departs from. Enjoy the Navigator!

The concern in using fire fox as a web browser with windows 10 & the Edge Microsoft browser that comes with windows 10 is incompatibility & voiding warrantees

That's the silliest thing I've ever heard. Where on Earth did you hear or read that? Feel free to use any browser you want, it wont void any warranties. Kinda like saying if you use Google and not Bing you will void the warranty.

We will no longer put up with the hassle of using Xs web site ,

Perhaps if enough people cancel their cruises their CEO will make it a priority to fix their web site .

But if/when Celebrity home ports a ship in San Diego (or LA), then all will be forgiven, right? :-)

Hey Beav you are always right ;p ;but ,I am not holding my breath for X to home port a ship here in LA or SD . We think it is far more realistic for RCCL to home port one of their ships in a future time :)

BTW do you know that airfares to Europe are the lowest they have been in many many years . See Money magazines latest edition for some great information on airfares & low cost weeks in the Capital cities of Europe:D

Just ask me & get the latest & greatest info on budget travel .We just saved over $1200 by switching from a X 9 night ABC island cruise in the Southern Caribbean to a 9 night ABC island cruise on RCCL & we got a stern balcony cabin to boot . X would be charging a dear premium for a stern balcony cabin ;p

BTW do you know that airfares to Europe are the lowest they have been in many many years . See Money magazines latest edition for some great information on airfares & low cost weeks in the Capital cities of Europe ;p

Yes, I've seen some posts here of $200 one way from U.S. To Europe through Choice Air. We flew back to the U.S. From Amsterdam for $850 in business class a few weeks ago, again courtesy of Choice Air.

I was just surprised to see you booking a cruise not departing from the West Coast after your earlier posts about never intending to fly cross-country again.

Yes, I've seen some posts here of $200 one way from U.S. To Europe through Choice Air. We flew back to the U.S. From Amsterdam for $850 in business class a few weeks ago, again courtesy of Choice Air.

I was just surprised to see you booking a cruise not departing from the West Coast after your earlier posts about never intending to fly cross-country again.

Well in 2018 Dec 16th is my 80 th birthday & decided to have some fun while we can still move . Besides Beav those RCCL prices with 30 % off & Diamond balcony discounts are so much less dollars than Celebrity comparable cruises . ;)

Just couldn't resist the bargains :D. We will be in Florida a total of 5 weeks Nov/Dec 2018 between cruises ., time share stay & a visit to St Augustine .

BTW a $850 business class fare is very good :). Flying from San Diego to deep Europe is so long that if we were going there it would have to be business class & hopefully no plane changes ;which can cause so many problems

I have two future bookings with Celebrity. I can log-in on the new website without issue and see both reservations. I can access the cruise planner for the cruise this December from the reservation itself without issue. For the one next summer I get a "booking locked" message every time I try and access the cruise planner from the reservation itself. If I log out and use the reservation number to access the cruise planner direct I have no problems on either booking. I've had similar issues with the Holland America Website in the past.

The IT systems for most of the cruise lines are finicky at best, but Celebrity have really messed up with the launch of the new website!

Another cruise critic member frustrated with the current nonsense of the new website posted this link to the old one. Many on here seem to have missed it, so I'll pass it on. It works on IE, Windows 10. I bookmarked it in case my browser decided to check for new versions. I can still check cruise prices and function with it. The link is: http://www.celebritycruises.com/?celebrityWR=oldsite

I have had problems with many browsers when accessing the Celebrity web site following some of their recent changes, in fact it has just happened again, logging in results in an endless loop of the logon page and getting nowhere. I use several browsers, Firefox, Chrome Opera and IE all with the same results. I have found in the past, and its just worked again tonight, that deleting all the celebrity cookies and restarting the browser fixes the problem on all browsers. For some reason the celebrity web site sometimes has an issue with the cookies it has saved on your computer. If for example you are using the latest version of Firefox, click on the small i or padlock near the top left address line, click on the arrow at the right of the window that comes up, click on more information at the bottom of the next window that appears, select view cookies which will show the relevant cookies of the web site you are looking at and select remove all, restart Firefox and I can log in again. Celebrity need to fix the underlying issue that causes this but as other posters have mentioned this works in many cases, hope it does for most of those having difficulties. Good luck

Next week will be my first Celebrity cruise and after spending hours over several days and several phone calls to customer service to get cruise documents and do the online check in to get the Xpress pass, this will most likely be the last. Way too much frustration involved in a process that is supposed to make things easier! After signing in to celebritycruise.com and seeing my reservation, I could find no other info on my cruise and could find no where to do the pre-cruise check in. I googled "Celebrity Cruise Check in" and I found the check in site and got my Xpress Pass.

Question:

We got the classic alcohol beverage package as a perk when we booked the cruise and it is listed on the cruise invoice from the travel agent I booked through. It is not listed on my cruise reservation page on the Celebrity website. Should it be? I tried calling Celebrity this evening but hung up after being on hold for 15 minutes.

For me after several attempts to sign on I see instead of welcome Regina, It shows welcome false?? Then it will not allow me to click on my reservations, if I do it comes up with this reservation is locked to protect your security, try again in about 20 mins. It also keeps trying to add a balance for gratuities to my already paid cruise, even thought we have the best plan with all four perks. :mad: