Breakaway BBQ'S?

bbryan5

We didn't see any, and I was keeping a lookout. The Gem was frequent, but the Breakaway didn't seem to have the room...DH just informed me there was one that was super quick and lasted less than an hour before they extinguished the coals. Perhaps things have changed since 2016

We didn't see any, and I was keeping a lookout. The Gem was frequent, but the Breakaway didn't seem to have the room...DH just informed me there was one that was super quick and lasted less than an hour before they extinguished the coals. Perhaps things have changed since 2016

Thanks! I was on the Breakaway a couple years ago, and can't remember seeing any BBQ's, sailing again soon, so was curious. Thanks again!

I just can't understand why they made the "pool area" sooooooo small on a ship that has twice the people and almost twice the size of the Gem and the Dawn.....and excluding the BBQ probably due to that. The pool area is a great day time "sea day" area for lots of fun activities. What were they thinking?

I just can't understand why they made the "pool area" sooooooo small on a ship that has twice the people and almost twice the size of the Gem and the Dawn.....and excluding the BBQ probably due to that. The pool area is a great day time "sea day" area for lots of fun activities. What were they thinking?

from what i heard in various behind the scenes tours on various ships, it is because water is heavy and having lots of pool with a large amount of water can make the boat top heavy and unstable

from what i heard in various behind the scenes tours on various ships, it is because water is heavy and having lots of pool with a large amount of water can make the boat top heavy and unstable
That's a reasonable explanation....but does not explain why other ships have bigger pools and or 2 pools in different areas. More hot tubs for 4000 people would be nice as well. Only a handful of people gets to use them in day out of 4000.

the larger ships dont do the BBQ's. makes me sad as we love the outdoor bbq!

as for the hot tubs, people camp out in them all day long because they simply arent hot enough. they are always lukewarm. a real hot tub you have to get out after 15-20 minutes as to get so hot and dizzy.