Cancellation

TOMOGP

Regrettably we have had to cancel our Arcadia cruise on June the 18th, this is due to my wife being diagnosed with Breast cancer we only found out last Thursday and today have decided they we should not go as they want to operate in the next 2 weeks. (we were hoping they would say go have good time and then we will start early July.

Anyway has anybody else had to cancel and enter the perils of an Insurance claim, what are the pitfalls, the surgeon will do whatever is needed.

Thanks in advance

So sad for to here your news as we have very recently been through a very similar situation and it brought back the same worries we had

Eventually it was sorted with the minimum of fuss. The main document was from our GP advising against any travel for the time being which seemed to resolve any queries the ins co had

Best of luck with your claim and more importantly my thoughts are with your wife and prayers that all goes well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to here of this Tomo. I have cancelled a cruise on medical grounds in the past. Basically you need documentation from your Doctor to say that your wife has been advised not to travel on medical grounds. You then contact the cruise line telling them you have been forced to cancel your cruise on medical grounds. They should send you an account of how much money you have paid and lost. This will included all losses for the booking but you must claim all travel related expenses you have incurred, for which you cannot get a refund on: pre-cruise hotel, taxi or parking anything you are liable for, and then send this to your insurers. You phone the insurers to explain the situation and ask them precisely what documentation they expect under the circumstances.

Regards John

sorry to hear your news I wish your wife well for her forthcoming treatment. We have had to cancel a cruise on medical grounds previously the letter from our GP was all that was needed for our insurance all sorted out without any fuss at all.We didn't have any other expenses as it was too far away for hotels and parking.

In the same circumstances we found the insurance company pretty helpful.

The sooner they do the surgery the better so it is well worth cancelling. Moving beyond the surgery and any follow up treatment, once the time is right, your wife's oncologist should be able to assist you by providing a letter of comfort to help you get insurance cover to go on a holiday at a later date.

Every good wish.

So sorry to hear your bad news, TOMOGP, crossing fingers and everything else that it all goes well for your wife; both of you and your wider family are in my thoughts and prayers. Our only experience of claiming on travel insurance was not good so I won't dwell on it. I'm sure in view of the circumstances you will have no problems.

Sorry to hear your news. Having had to cancel a cruise and another holiday on medical grounds one of the main points the insurer wants confirmation from GP on is that nothing was known at the time the holiday was booked and when the insurance started. From what you say, this is the case so there should be no problem. All the best for the coming months.

Best wishes to your wife. Its a devastating discovery, as we found out after Arcadia's maiden cruise in 2005.My wife was diagnosed with breast cancer shortly after our return, which took 2 ops to sort out, and we had to cancel another cruise we had booked. At the time we had yearly insurance, and there had been a change of insurance provider halfway though the year, and it was 3 months before anyone would admit responsibility and pay up.

P&O compassion and attitude was terrible, and it was one of the main reasons we eventually moved to Celebrity.

11 years later, my wife is fine, although our eldest daughter also had it. The NHS has been fantastic, daughter's was detected early as she and her sister and our 5 grand daughter are now monitored.

I too have had to cancel on medical grounds in the past and it was pretty simple. My GP filled out a form sent by the insurer. I hope all goes well with your wife's treatment and that she will make a full recovery.

Hi sorry to hear this, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer April 2013 and we had 2 cruises booked.

My surgeon provided a letter for my insurance company and they paid up with no problems.

I am 4 years down the line after a lot of treatment and clear of cancer.

I wish you and your wife well.

Hi sorry to hear this, I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer April 2013 and we had 2 cruises booked.

My surgeon provided a letter for my insurance company and they paid up with no problems.

I am 4 years down the line after a lot of treatment and clear of cancer.

I wish you and your wife well.

Strangely our insurance people insist on a 2 page form being completed by our GP. I said to them he knows nothing about this as it has moved so fast and will not accept a letter from the Hospital.

So fast diagnosed on May 11th had preop today Op will be either Thursday or Tuesday find out tomorrow.

Thank you for the good wishes etc

Strangely our insurance people insist on a 2 page form being completed by our GP. I said to them he knows nothing about this as it has moved so fast and will not accept a letter from the Hospital.

So fast diagnosed on May 11th had preop today Op will be either Thursday or Tuesday find out tomorrow.

Thank you for the good wishes etc

Records of what is going to happen regards treatment or investigations is usually sent to your GP, or a GP may well be able to get those details by contacting the hospital direct. Does the insurance insist that your claim is made prior to your wife's op? You may be able to claim later when all records are up to date, that is often the case with insurance for other things like holidays, but you would probably be best telling the insurance company the situation in the interim. Good luck with the claim.

I also send my best wishes and good luck to your wife.