Costa Maya

heretohavefun2#

We are taking a cruise over Thanksgiving...we only have two stops...Cozumel and Costa Maya...We plan to see the ruins at Tulum when in Cozumel.. and it doesn't look like to much to do in Costa Maya other than beach...So I was wondering two things...Do we shop at the port or go into the little fisherman village...and does anyone know anything about the Chocolate factory..

Thank you

This is our first cruise and just don't know what to do.

Another vote for Maya Chan Beach. We were there just before Christmas last year. Very reasonable rate includes the taxi ride, drinks and a homemade taco lunch. It's very low key. No vendors. The service can't be beat -- they will even wade out to you in the water as you lounge in a blow-up chair and bring you a drink. The beach is natural so there maybe sea grass on the beach but they work constantly to clear it out. My teen girls appreciated the free wifi and loved the lunch. I loved the mai-tais.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We are booked at Maya Chan later this year. Great to hear your review. My husband chose MC but I was initially looking at Yaya. We ended up booking MC but has anyone been to Yaya and what makes MC the popular choice over it? They both look lovely but the reviews more than favor MC. Just curious if anyone knew any details.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did Maya Chan last October and would recommend it. Two things. You meet outside the port area and they will leave without you if you are late. The water is not pristine with some sea grass. It was known and certainly did not change our opinion. Will go there again the next time we are there.

Another vote for Maya Chan-Just back from there. Our first time to Costa Maya-not sure how to describe Costa Maya, the port is very modern and lot of shopping, actually almost more shopping than anywhere we have been. We truly enjoyed Maya Chan, not the best beach we have ever been but it is one of the most memorable and enjoyable things we have ever done. Hard to describe the experience but when you get out of the cab and the walkway sand is freshly racked to the road, you immediately now you are in for something special. Your get your own little hut with a bed, chairs and a hammock. Then they wait on you like no other place we have been. All this at a price that is all most hard to believe. Not sure what else is available in Costa Maya but I really don't think you have to look any further than Maya Chan.

My favorite stop...Tropicante, send them an email they will have shaded lounges waiting on you no deposit required. Massages on the beach 30 dollars for an hour. Great service,food and drinks!

I second Tropicante ! E-mail them they were waiting for us. Great food and drinks inexpensive plus you can walk through the Mahahaul beach village it is enjoyable! Wi-Fi is available too. We also did $15.00 banana ride that was awesome!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You don't have to go to Maya Chang (Boring..............)

Take the bus to town, it only cost a couple bucks.

Walk the road along the beach and check out all the local beach establishments. The people are very nice.

There are quite a few places that have chairs, umbrellas, bar service, & food for very cheap...

Find a place that looks nice to you and stay there.

It is probably the most in-expensive port I have ever been too....

We are taking a cruise over Thanksgiving...we only have two stops...Cozumel and Costa Maya...We plan to see the ruins at Tulum when in Cozumel.. and it doesn't look like to much to do in Costa Maya other than beach...So I was wondering two things...Do we shop at the port or go into the little fisherman village...and does anyone know anything about the Chocolate factory..

Thank you

Not sure on your ages or fitness levels. When we recently visited Costa Maya we did the Aquapark. You can also get a combo ticket to do the zip-lines as well. Alternatively there is a swim with Dolphins right next to the port.

There is also a sky walk bird atrium where you can feed the birds. DD did by herself $10 adults $7 children if I remember correctly.

Not worth leaving the ship.

Glad you think so. That makes Costa Maya less busy for me when I visit it. We were there for the first time in March. Loved it. Enjoyed the beach at Blue Kay, had a couple of awesome scuba dives, everything was priced very reasonably. Looking forward to visiting the ruins when we visit there next time.

Do people do this excursion through the ship or through Maya Chan?

Another vote for Maya Chan-Just back from there. Our first time to Costa Maya-not sure how to describe Costa Maya, the port is very modern and lot of shopping, actually almost more shopping than anywhere we have been. We truly enjoyed Maya Chan, not the best beach we have ever been but it is one of the most memorable and enjoyable things we have ever done. Hard to describe the experience but when you get out of the cab and the walkway sand is freshly racked to the road, you immediately now you are in for something special. Your get your own little hut with a bed, chairs and a hammock. Then they wait on you like no other place we have been. All this at a price that is all most hard to believe. Not sure what else is available in Costa Maya but I really don't think you have to look any further than Maya Chan.

..Do we shop at the port

Thank you

I've only been there once and that was 2012, but I found the people that run the stores in Costa Maya to be the only port that is worse that Cozumel for trying to take your money and be rude. If you do shop and are using cash, take lots of small bills as getting change is almost impossible.

Was at Maya Chan yesterday.

Agree with what has been said. Very relaxing. If interested, book now. They limit the amount of passengers so it fills up fast. Would definitely do it again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

How was the sea weed. It look like a couple of weeks ago it was piled at the waters edge and for the first 10 feet of water. We are booked to go in July.