Stock Credit

Stock and Shareholders are the same thing. If you have at least 100 shares of Carnival stock, you can receive either $50 or $100 of onboard credit (OBC) per cabin. The amount is determined by length of the cruise.

I think the book onboard​ credit is some amount they give you for booking your next cruise during your current one.

I'm not sure what the Milestone OBC is.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I just have to ask since I'm fairly new to cruising. But what is stock onboard credit, shareholder's and Milestone OBC?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

shareholder credit is if you own 100 shares of carnival, you can get $100 OBC for a 7 day cruise. this is probably the same as stock onboard credit. Milestone is the credit that you get on your 25th cruise (and more) so if you are new to cruising, you don't have to worry about that for a while.

Ok. We will be taking our 4th in 2 weeks, so I definitely won't have to worry about that! Lol. Although I've realized that cruising is the way to go! If I can get my DH on board! This will be his 1st cruise! Hoping for good weather!!

Thank you!! I'm not real savvy with stocks, but may check into that.

The price is way up right now ( good for us current holders, not so good for people looking to get 100 shares ) at about $61.

If you have an IRA or a 401k that allows individual stocks to be purchased that will count as well. You dont have to have a traditional brokerage account to get the credit. Mine are in my IRA, and I know someone who has them in her 401k. You just have to be able to provide a statement showing the number of shares, and the owner for Carnival Corp to credit you the stock credit.

your explanation is a little confusing. IRA's may contain individual stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other holdings. This is really no different than having a 100 shares of stock other than you can not cash them until you are 62 without penalty. Same difference I guess

your explanation is a little confusing. IRA's may contain individual stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other holdings. This is really no different than having a 100 shares of stock other than you can not cash them until you are 62 without penalty. Same difference I guess

Your statement is wrong on a couple different levels.

First of all, you can withdraw from an IRA penalty free at age 591/2. You can withdraw your original contributions from a Roth IRA at any age penalty free as long as you have had the Roth IRA for 5 years.

You can buy and sell all the shares of stock you want without any penalty inside an IRA. I do it all the time. Selling a stock inside an IRA is not considered a withdrawal. A withdrawal would be you sell the stock...then take out the money. Maybe that is what you mean by "cash them in"...not sure. If you want to book the profit, just sell the stock and leave the money in the IRA.

You just have to be able to provide a statement showing the number of shares, and the owner for Carnival Corp to credit you the stock credit.

Questions:

Who do you show the statement to? Your travel agent? Guest Services, once you're on-board?

Some IRA's and most 401k's dont allow you to have individual stocks, they are all block mutual funds or bonds.

I had to open a different type of IRA with Edward Jones to get them to invest in a specific stock for me.

I am sure I can go somewhere else and not have had that issue, but I just wanted to make sure that people understand that if they have the option in their IRA/401k then they can do use that. I was first told that I needed it in a brokerage account, which I am glad I followed up with Carnival about because I have gotten at least $1500 in OBC by now.

We own stock. How do I go about getting the shateholder benefit?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

you have to own at least 100 shares, in the name of someone booked in the cabin.

I always email them at guestAdmin@carnival.com and provide them with a copy of my latest statement from the brokerage company. I just did this for my August cruise and had the OBC in 3 business days.

Make sure to privide your booking number so they can figure out where you want it applied.

you have to own at least 100 shares, in the name of someone booked in the cabin.

I always email them at guestAdmin@carnival.com and provide them with a copy of my latest statement from the brokerage company. I just did this for my August cruise and had the OBC in 3 business days.

Make sure to privide your booking number so they can figure out where you want it applied.

I just emailed them my shareholder proof for my upcoming July cruise at noon one day and had the credit applied by 5:00pm that same day. It must have been a slow day. I've never had it done that fast!

We have collected over $1,000.00 shareholder OBC since we bought the stock in 2009. Plus it pays a quarterly dividend to the tune of about $700.00 since we bought it and it has gone from $24.00 a share to $61.00.

It has been well worth the initial investment of $2,400.00.

My only regret is that I did not buy 500 shares!!

• 11 months later...
This is very impressive... Not many companies offer such benefits to low level shareholders. Might have to make a phone call tomorrow....

Actually, the Shareholder Benefit as it is officially called, is approved a year at a time. Here is the link:

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Only 1 person per cabin gets the OBC, even if you both own 100 shares.