What is the best airport to fly into for a Brooklyn NYC embarkation?

Corgidawgga

LaGuardia airport is the closest.....JFK is a nightmare......

One person on a board suggested Newark, NJ but it is the farthest away. Does anyone have any experiences with this port and flying into NYC?

I will fly in the morning of the cruise and will not be coming from a hotel.

Thanks!

LGA is the closest but is a real nightmare with a major reconstruction project underway. JFK isn't that much further away but is no bargain either. EWR is much further away and it will cost much more to get to Brooklyn than it will from LGA or JFK.

What type of flight arrival times are available for each of LGA and JFK? Since you're arriving the morning of your cruise it's imperative to take the earliest possible flight to give yourself a fighting chance of getting to the cruise pier on time in case your flight is cancelled or delayed.

LaGaurdia would be best. Closest and less in town traffic than the other two. I'd also want to by-pass all the funky cab rules and fares that come from crossing the State line when coming from Newark.

FYI, traffic in and around LGA is frequently a nightmare right now due to a major reconstruction project at the airport. We've been recommending that people avoid LGA if there are alternatives. However for a cruise departing from Brooklyn, EWR is not a good choice for the reasons you stated.

I'm local to NYC and in ideal conditions LGA would be best. However, the terminal renovations are causing major issues on a sporadic basis. In the last few months there have been reports of it taking people several hours to get to the terminals from the Grand Central Parkway, with people walking the last half mile or so for example.

No idea why anyone claimed "JFK is a nightmare" unless it's for random airline connections on separate tickets which you aren't doing. It's an airport I use on average about once per week and I find it generally works very well. Because the airport is divided into separate terminals you're much more compartmentalized versus one huge place. If the traffic is kind on the Belt Parkway then you can easily get to Red Hook in about 30mins. Since you're arriving on the day (Saturday, I assume) and early then I would anticipate a rather straightforward drive from JFK around the Brooklyn.