Unclear about beverages !

We were looking at the $26/day drink package but after going through 4 pages of threads and not being able to get through to anyone at RCI by phone, I'm still unclear about exactly what is included.

For example, it says orange juice at breakfast. I usually drink cranberry juice, and at all times of the day, not just breakfast. Will I have access to cranberry, pineapple or grapefruit juice on the Allure, or will I have to pay for them at the bar or MDR table ?

Will I be charged for an Americano at the Park Cafe or an espresso after dinner in the MDR ?

I cannot find answers and I'm relying on my CC friends to help. I don't want to get the deluxe package because I'm not a big drinker, besides, I had the deluxe package on the Getaway in February and they would not give me any juices that didn't contain alcohol in them free, even in the dining rooms. If I had them put a splash of booze in them, they were suddenly free.

The other beverage question is, Coke or Pepsi onboard, just in case the $26/day package doesn't include juices (plural) 24/7 without extra charges.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Warm Regards,

Kristine

Yes..they have other juices at breakfast....not sure about Cranberry, but tomato, for sure, and probably pineapple or grapefruit....Whatever juices they have are included at breakfast. "Fresh squeezed OJ" is extra, but the other is just fine.

You will be charged for any coffee EXCEPT basic coffee.

Coke products are on RCI...a can is around $2.85 or so...and a package should include fountain soda.

The Refreshment package ($26/day) includes soda (Coke products), fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees (espresso, latte, cappucino), non-alcoholic cocktails, bottled still and sparkling water.

With regard to fresh squeezed juices, you can for sure get fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast. Depending on the ship, you may be able to get other fresh squeezed juices at other times. For example, Freedom class ships have the Squeeze juice bar on the pool deck with fresh squeezed juices. Oasis class ships have the Vitality Cafe with fresh squeezed juices. However, beyond orange juice, I don't know what else they might offer.

Best thing to do is wait until you are onboard to purchase so you can find out exactly what your sailing will offer.

They are probably not fresh squeezed, but the bars have cranberry juice and pineapple juice on their tap thing. I know because I ordered a drink with pineapple juice and saw others order cranberry juice. I don't think it would be an issue to get it on the drink package, but I did not try it myself. OJ was the only thing that I now of that was fresh squeezed.

Edit to add, I am not sure if you could have gotten this free without a drink package or with the non-alcohol package. My experience is for the deluxe package.

I'm not looking for fresh squeezed cranberry or pineapple juice, LOL. We usually get the regular drink package on Princess and I also get the coffee card for my Americanos and after dinner espressos. All fruit juices are also included in the Princess package and they are available whenever and wherever I want to drink them.

I have been unable to wait the 15-20 minutes (or longer) to talk to a real person at RCI to ask my question and then no real guarantee that they have a correct answer. Before I plunk down $182 for a drink package, I want to know I can get cranberry, pineapple and grapefruit juice with it - and get it ALL day, not just for breakfast. And get it poolside, in the MDR, in a specialty restaurant, at a bar or in the Park cafe for lunch. And have it be part and parcel of the drink package. I don't drink smoothies or frozen drinks, they give me brain freeze so I avoid them. Even when I do have a margarita, it will be on the rocks, never frozen.

I took a lot of crap from the waiters and bartenders on the Getaway because all I wanted was a simple unadulterated glass of juice - and as I said, I HAD the Deluxe Package that supposedly included everything. Everything but juice.

I just don't want to make that same mistake again, and sorry if I was so unclear about what information I was looking for. I appreciate everyone's efforts ; )

There are from-cincentrate type juices at breakfast that anyone can get, included in your cruise fare.

The extra-cost OJ is fresh squeezed right there, and that's included with the beverage packages. Don't order at night. They aren't running the machine at night and they'll just get you concentrate juice that would be free.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Refreshment package ($26/day) includes soda (Coke products), fresh squeezed juices, specialty coffees (espresso, latte, cappucino), non-alcoholic cocktails, bottled still and sparkling water.

With regard to fresh squeezed juices, you can for sure get fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast. Depending on the ship, you may be able to get other fresh squeezed juices at other times. For example, Freedom class ships have the Squeeze juice bar on the pool deck with fresh squeezed juices. Oasis class ships have the Vitality Cafe with fresh squeezed juices. However, beyond orange juice, I don't know what else they might offer.

Best thing to do is wait until you are onboard to purchase so you can find out exactly what your sailing will offer.

I'm wondering about Americanos at Park Cafe. Obviously, if they do a latte, they can do an americano too. I have figured out that the $26/day drink package includes the coffee beverages in Park Cafe, as long as it is NOT Starbuck's. I don't know if the package includes espresso drinks in the MDR though. Sometimes I'll order sambucca with my after dinner espresso, so maybe that will be covered in the bar charge.

I'm not sure what the big draw is for fresh squeezed juices, especially OJ. Just want your basic Oceanspray or Dole juices and want to see them included in the drink package.

Thanks for your help.

I'm wondering about Americanos at Park Cafe. Obviously, if they do a latte, they can do an americano too. I have figured out that the $26/day drink package includes the coffee beverages in Park Cafe, as long as it is NOT Starbuck's. I don't know if the package includes espresso drinks in the MDR though. Sometimes I'll order sambucca with my after dinner espresso, so maybe that will be covered in the bar charge.

I'm not sure what the big draw is for fresh squeezed juices, especially OJ. Just want your basic Oceanspray or Dole juices and want to see them included in the drink package.

Thanks for your help.

I know they will make an Americano at Park Cafe or Cafe Promenade. The refreshment packages do include expresso drinks in the MDR, sambucca will be a bar charge as you state. Park Cafe does have the fresh squeezed oj at breakfast as well as the from concentrate oj and apple juice. There are not other juices at Park Cafe. The machines that dispense the from concentrate oj and apple juice will dispense the complimentary flavored waters later in the day.

I did not try to get any other juice during the day when I was on Allure last week, so not sure about the cranberry juice. It is available at bars since it is a mixer but not sure if refreshment would cover it.

Keep an eye out for a sale on the refreshment package. It goes on sale for $18 per day a lot. I would look for a sale over Memorial Day weekend.

We were looking at the $26/day drink package but after going through 4 pages of threads and not being able to get through to anyone at RCI by phone, I'm still unclear about exactly what is included.

For example, it says orange juice at breakfast. I usually drink cranberry juice, and at all times of the day, not just breakfast. Will I have access to cranberry, pineapple or grapefruit juice on the Allure, or will I have to pay for them at the bar or MDR table ?

Will I be charged for an Americano at the Park Cafe or an espresso after dinner in the MDR ?

I cannot find answers and I'm relying on my CC friends to help. I don't want to get the deluxe package because I'm not a big drinker, besides, I had the deluxe package on the Getaway in February and they would not give me any juices that didn't contain alcohol in them free, even in the dining rooms. If I had them put a splash of booze in them, they were suddenly free.

The other beverage question is, Coke or Pepsi onboard, just in case the $26/day package doesn't include juices (plural) 24/7 without extra charges.

Thank you for any help you can give me.

Warm Regards,

Kristine

Suggestion: find one of the live threads that are going on, and ask someone on the ship right now.

I know they will make an Americano at Park Cafe or Cafe Promenade. The refreshment packages do include expresso drinks in the MDR, sambucca will be a bar charge as you state. Park Cafe does have the fresh squeezed oj at breakfast as well as the from concentrate oj and apple juice. There are not other juices at Park Cafe. The machines that dispense the from concentrate oj and apple juice will dispense the complimentary flavored waters later in the day.

I did not try to get any other juice during the day when I was on Allure last week, so not sure about the cranberry juice. It is available at bars since it is a mixer but not sure if refreshment would cover it.

Keep an eye out for a sale on the refreshment package. It goes on sale for $18 per day a lot. I would look for a sale over Memorial Day weekend.

Thank you ! I will watch but as of today, it's still $26, I will check again on Friday ! I'm going to have to try calling RCI again to find out about the cranberry juice at the bars, or pineapple juice too. I just don't want to buy the deluxe package again and be told "no fruit juice for you" by the soup ****s. That was a Seinfeld reference, if you don't know that it could (should!) be considered offensive.

Wow ! I just got censored ! I saw that happen yesterday to a woman who misspelled shiitake menu in a thread !!

Thank you ! I will watch but as of today, it's still $26, I will check again on Friday ! I'm going to have to try calling RCI again to find out about the cranberry juice at the bars, or pineapple juice too. I just don't want to buy the deluxe package again and be told "no fruit juice for you" by the soup ****s. That was a Seinfeld reference, if you don't know that it could (should!) be considered offensive.

Wow ! I just got censored ! I saw that happen yesterday to a woman who misspelled shiitake menu in a thread !!

Unfortunately, none of the reps will likely know about the cranberry juice. I would try to get someone who is on a ship to ask at a bar. If you convinced someone it is a non-alcoholic cocktail, cape codder with no vodka, you would be all set, but if that is a deal breaker for you, I would wait since you aren't showing a sale price on your sailing. If the package goes on sale, then I would buy it.

I get this package every time we sail. On every ship at all the bars (not room service), and on the private islands, you can get cranberry juice, pineapple juice, tomato juice all included. I get cranberry and a splash of pineapple all the time, and my other half gets tomato juice frequently. You can get soda, or any of the juices at dinner as well, and also the specialty coffee's at dinner too. We have an espresso or cappuccino every night after our meal at the table.

There is so much more that is also included like Vitamin Water, Red Bulls, etc. W have them from time to time as well - and we always get an consume plenty of bottled water. We have found all of these at almost every bar. (not room service)

Enjoy your cruise.

watch for it to go on sale, I am on Anthem in September and just purchased it for $18.00 a day, it's hit and miss when and if they have a sale. I just kept watching cruise planner.

Thanks, I will be checking several times a week. I booked our shows when someone on my role call told me that option was available. I really haven't checked cruise planner with any frequency or regularity. That will change !

I get this package every time we sail. On every ship at all the bars (not room service), and on the private islands, you can get cranberry juice, pineapple juice, tomato juice all included. I get cranberry and a splash of pineapple all the time, and my other half gets tomato juice frequently. You can get soda, or any of the juices at dinner as well, and also the specialty coffee's at dinner too. We have an espresso or cappuccino every night after our meal at the table.

There is so much more that is also included like Vitamin Water, Red Bulls, etc. W have them from time to time as well - and we always get an consume plenty of bottled water. We have found all of these at almost every bar. (not room service)

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, Mike ! I'm sure my son or his girlfriend might like the Red Bull and the frozen virgin drinks, I'll stick to coffee, juice and the odd black russian !!