Anthem first time - couple questions

First time on Anthem; we're doing a 5 night Bermuda this summer. Also first time with Diamond status. A few questions :

- Based on what I've read from info for last year, Diamond Club offers complimentary drinks (from a limited menu) between 5-8:30. But 3 drink credits (for other bars) are also applied each day to your SeaPass card. Is this still the way it currently works? And are the 3 drinks in addition to any drinks in the Diamond Club? Are the 3 drinks also from a limited menu? (we've been Elite on Celebrity the past few years, so the cocktail hour with limited drink menu is familiar, but Celebrity never did anything like the other 3 drinks, so I'm curious how it all works)

- For the 5 night Bermuda cruise, what time can you get off the ship the first day? On Celebrity Summit, we were off the ship within 15 minutes of the lines being tied up. Watching the Bermuda cam this week, Anthem was all docked and ready by 8:40, but I didn't see people exiting the ship til roughly quarter after 9:00. (the issue is whether or not it's possible to make the first bus or 2 out of dockyard)

- Any info from this same itinerary for Northstar? It's the only "activity" I definitely want to do, but it's currently not possible to book online. Would like to do it either day at sea, any time of day. How difficult to book (even possible?) once on ship?

Thanks for any input.

... Based on what I've read from info for last year, Diamond Club offers complimentary drinks (from a limited menu) between 5-8:30. But 3 drink credits (for other bars) are also applied each day to your SeaPass card. Is this still the way it currently works? And are the 3 drinks in addition to any drinks in the Diamond Club? Are the 3 drinks also from a limited menu? (we've been Elite on Celebrity the past few years, so the cocktail hour with limited drink menu is familiar, but Celebrity never did anything like the other 3 drinks, so I'm curious how it all works) ...

Yes, you still get 3 drink vouchers each night in addition to unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge. Same drink menu for both options. Same restricted time for the 3 drink vouchers. Unused vouchers are lost each night.

You can book Northstar once you board at the box office in the theater or by using the Royal IQ app. Do it as soon as you board to guarantee a reservation. You can also try to go standby. If you no show on your reservation, they will charge you $25, so cancel if you change your mind. We booked our reservation after we boarded and were able to get a reservation for right after we went under the Verazano bridge. It was cool to be able to see NYC in the distance. Some say it is better to go up when you have something to look at other than just water and the ship.

We just got off Anthem. When we boarded I went over to see Northstar and there was no one on line so I just walked on.

Later in the cruise I also walked by and got on again. They were LOOKING for people to go on. I just cancelled my reservation because I didn't need it.

If it is possible for you, I would try to book the Northstar whilst in port. There is less chance of it being cancelled due to rough seas, and also you get to see the port and sometimes other ships from a different vantage point. We had ours on the first rides of the day when stopped in Nassau. We were not booked for any early excursions and were docked with 4 other ships. View and weather was great. Then had all day left for other stuff. The only down side was that the NorthStar bar was not open yet;)

dp

Edited by dpostman