speciality restaurant and jeans?

mom2tjanddj

You bring up perhaps the proverbial chicken or egg, people who don't care or management that doesn't care. We disagree on this respectfully to a certain extent as I believe that much of the blame is on Celebrity management for not enforcing their own rules. They have been consistently inconsistent over the whole cruise line and also on individual ships.

As far as Jeans go, the only time we took them was in Alaska because we had physical outdoor excursions planned. I don't remember if I wore them to Blu or not. I will be in the Caribbean next month for 10 days, the jeans will be at home in my drawers, too hot in the Caribbean or Bermuda and I wear them all the time in winter.

Yes, they've been very inconsistent since they decided a quality dining experience wasn't very important any more. If the customer doesn't care why should they spend the money to provide one. I understand what you are saying and to me it's not that I really care what people wear it's just that I know it's all part of what kind of experience they care to promote and this particular management will take it to the lowest common denominator they can get away with. Why do you think they have turned the Murano style restaurants on the M-class into Tuscan grill?

In the past there was some pride in giving "everyone" a quality experience. Now it's all about the bottom line.

As long as the jeans are neat & clean they are allowed. Does that mean I bring my jeans. Absolutely not! Nothing less than khaki & dress shirts & the suits for "chic" night for us. We like to look nice.

You can look perfectly "nice" in nice jeans and a dress shirt or blouse or sweater. Khakis don't always equal "looking nice" and jeans "not nice".

You can look perfectly "nice" in nice jeans and a dress shirt or blouse or sweater. Khakis don't always equal "looking nice" and jeans "not nice".
Totally agree. I've seen folks who were "dressed up" that looked a whole lot worse than someone in a pair of jeans and a shirt or blouse.

What are considered nice beside not including torn jeans. Overpriced designer jeans that coat 100s of $$$$?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Forums mobile app

I wear black LLBeans with a dressy top and have never felt out of place....I think what we're referring to are what I used to call "dungarees" or cut-offs...the kind you would wear to go on a camping trip or horseback riding. :)

the guy who at 25 years old still lives in his parent's basement, orders a baloney sandwich at a caviar bar, brings coors light to a single malt scotch tasting and misses the ship in freeport because he assumed the ship was on island time.

snap!!

I work downtown in the financial district and the top look is everywhere these days. Not just Fridays anymore. Thank Goodness

I like that look with the jeans, but would still like it more with pleated Dockers, but that's just me.

Keithm, I applaud your desire to look nice. If we all had that drive I bet we wouldn't have so many dress code arguments on line.

In my humble opinion,looking nice/appropriate has a lot more to do with the cut and fit of a garment than the "category" itself.

A quality pair of denim, paired with a jacket and most importantly an excellent pair of shoes ( not the black clunky lace ups that seem to be the staple of many males today), will in my opinion outshine a poorly constructed, ill fitting suit any day.

Most guys ( and I was one of them until I got professional clothing advice due to the nature of my job) miss the subtle points of dressing well. You can turn a $200 suit into a dashing outfit with the right accessories and tailoring, or subsequently a $2000 garment into a disaster.

I hope everyone who cruises enjoys themselves, regardless of how others dress. I for one feel very fortunate that I, given all the crap that goes on in our world, can still enjoy this luxury.

Very well said! Thank you!

I have nice jeans & nice khakis. I just think khakis look better. Beside jeans tend to be a lot heavier than khakis. I also feel the khakis "fit" my style more.

Yes, they've been very inconsistent since they decided a quality dining experience wasn't very important any more. If the customer doesn't care why should they spend the money to provide one. I understand what you are saying and to me it's not that I really care what people wear it's just that I know it's all part of what kind of experience they care to promote and this particular management will take it to the lowest common denominator they can get away with. Why do you think they have turned the Murano style restaurants on the M-class into Tuscan grill?

In the past there was some pride in giving "everyone" a quality experience. Now it's all about the bottom line.

True! This is the reason we're trying Oceania next Jan. We're still doing a 14 day cruise Jan.2019 on the Reflection. $2500pp for a concierge level cabin is a bargain. Likely the anticipated result of a mass stampede to the new Edge class ships.

I have nice jeans & nice khakis. I just think khakis look better. Beside jeans tend to be a lot heavier than khakis. I also feel the khakis "fit" my style more.

Fair enough. But the original statement I quoted implied that jeans didn't look "nice". I stand by my assertion that I have seen people look nicer in jeans than khakis on more than one occasion. Not ALL, but I've seen it. :)

I work downtown in the financial district and the top look is everywhere these days. Not just Fridays anymore. Thank Goodness

I think the comparison is interesting. Most guys on a cruise have camp shirts on and untucked, not the polo shirt shown. The jacket, shirt and jeans does look nice. Also, age might drive the jeans vs chinos decision. Lot of older guys wear chinos, shirt and jacket which, IMHO, looks pretty good.

You bring up perhaps the proverbial chicken or egg, people who don't care or management that doesn't care. We disagree on this respectfully to a certain extent as I believe that much of the blame is on Celebrity management for not enforcing their own rules. They have been consistently inconsistent over the whole cruise line and also on individual ships.

As far as Jeans go, the only time we took them was in Alaska because we had physical outdoor excursions planned. I don't remember if I wore them to Blu or not. I will be in the Caribbean next month for 10 days, the jeans will be at home in my drawers, too hot in the Caribbean or Bermuda and I wear them all the time in winter.

I tend to agree with your chicken or egg comparison. I too believe Celebrity and other cruise lines, I would not say did not care, but did see the trend outside of sailing and the attire evolution and did not enforce their own policies. Thus allowing confusion and a natural chaos to evolve.

We too have wore/taken jeans in Alaska and South America where there was weather temperature swing to cooler weather than the carribbean. Have seen jeans in caribbean and I think..... they got to be hot in those pants! :)