RC formal nights

I've just done the Sydney Seattle transpacific and yes, people did dress up. There were 4 formal nights and the 1st and 3rd nights were the dressiest ones. The Americans in particular dressed up and as there will most likely be more Americans on the Seattle-Sydney cruise, take your formal gear if that's what you like.

Cruising transpacific to sydney in october. Are cruisers dressing up /participating in the formal nights?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Forums mobile app

The Americans and the British will generally dress in suits and even tuxedos for formal night. The Australians are a bit more relaxed with dress standards especially around the Pacific Islands. For a trans Pacific I think the majority would make the effort for formal nights.

This has been my experience on Royal.

We no longer take the glad rags for formal night. The husband wears nice trousers, shirt and tie but so suit. I usually wear black pants and a blingy top. I just figure we can use extra day wear in the space the suit jacket and dresses takes up.

Now, having said that, we don't usually eat in the dining room, so that might make a difference to you.

The Americans and the British will generally dress in suits and even tuxedos for formal night. The Australians are a bit more relaxed with dress standards especially around the Pacific Islands. For a trans Pacific I think the majority would make the effort for formal nights.

Yes, the Aussies would turn up in shirts and jeans, like they did on QM2 and get turfed out. But RCI has mellowed with dress standards, as has my favourite cruise line Princess. Even P&O UK now does not require a jacket for dinner, except on formal nights, much to the distress of many of its British customers who like to put on a tuxedo or bag of fruit every night.:D

But on Lines like RCI/Princess/Celebrity etc it looks absurd to see a bloke at dinner in tuxedo and another sitting there in polo shirt and jeans, as they do and get away with it. As I have said if a cruise line has a dress policy, ENFORCE it or get rid of it.

But on Lines like RCI/Princess/Celebrity etc it looks absurd to see a bloke at dinner in tuxedo and another sitting there in polo shirt and jeans, as they do and get away with it. As I have said if a cruise line has a dress policy, ENFORCE it or get rid of it.

Celebrity modified it to call it "Evening Chic." Which basically means dress up if you feel like it. Or don't if you don't.

Celebrity modified it to call it "Evening Chic." Which basically means dress up if you feel like it. Or don't if you don't.

For international cruises I appreciate the evening chic as I don't need to travel with my tux, for domestic cruises, I still take it as we dress up anyway..

Yes, the Aussies would turn up in shirts and jeans, like they did on QM2 and get turfed out. But RCI has mellowed with dress standards, as has my favourite cruise line Princess. Even P&O UK now does not require a jacket for dinner, except on formal nights, much to the distress of many of its British customers who like to put on a tuxedo or bag of fruit every night.:D

IMO, the consistency in the application of any policy has always been lax on most cruise lines. When it comes to confronting passengers, staff tend to let it slide unless it is a safety issue.