Spa - Mani/Pedi - Pre-purchase as a gift?

I am thinking of calling HAL to buy/book my mom a manicure/pedicure as a surprise on her upcoming cruise (she is travelling with my dad, I am not going therefore not listed on the booking id). My questions are:

- do they ever offer special prices for manicures/pedicures once onboard or is it just the other spa treatments that they run specials for?

- as 5 Stars would they get a better price than me pre-paying for it before their cruise?

- is it possible for my mom to receive notification of the gift closer to the day of services rather than a notice in their cabin at the time of embarkation?

- anything else I should consider when planning this type of surprise purchase?

Thanks in advance.

- as 5 Stars would they get a better price than me pre-paying for it before their cruise?

- is it possible for my mom to receive notification of the gift closer to the day of services rather than a notice in their cabin at the time of embarkation?

There aren't any star-level discounts connected to manicures, so you will pay the same price as if your Mom purchased a mani- herself.

I believe you won't be the one to set the appointment time; your mom will have to do that. In that case you probably want her to know she has this gift (nice gift, btw) asap so she can book a convenient time.

Even if you can book the appointment, won't your mom want to know about it in advance so she can plan around it? Or change it if she has other plans?

Keep in mind they will also add a service charge for spa services, and there is always a line for even another additional tip on top of that. So hopefully the gift will be all inclusive. Maybe a general "cruise credit" gift would work instead of a specific service, and that way your mom can have more choice.

Your pre-gift is a great idea and I can tell you are having a lot of fun planning this. Another extra gift that we have always enjoyed is having a special bouquet waiting in the cabin. They are very pretty and last for quite a long time since they get made up with fresh flowers - some bouquets more lasting than others.